Motorway blowout damage repair

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Tue Jun 21, 2022 4:17 pm
by Paul Dunstan (deleted)

Hello all we are new to caravanning and unfortunately had a very unpleasant experience when the tyre on our new to us 5 year Eriba 530 blew doing 60 in the middle lane off the M5 yesterday. Can anyone advise me on the best place to buy parts specifically a wheel arch which was lost and a new wheel as we have no spare. There are 3 mounts for the arch which look to be intact so I assume it's just a case of clicking back into the and using epoxy resin to secure it? I appreciate that although assisting to be in good order the tyres are probably the originals from 2017 and the one left needs to be replaced. Any preferences on tyres anyone? Thanks. Paul and Denise

Attached pictures:
No rights to view attachments. Only file names are shown. Register now!
 16558245321993223206715270514827.jpg 

Scroll up

RE: Motorway blowout damage repair

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Tue Jun 21, 2022 8:53 pm
by Aaron Calder | 3.797 Posts

So sorry to hear of your misfortune; you are lucky to have got away unscathed.

Some time ago a caravan breaker in Wales helped me out with a replacement front window when a stone smashed ours. When I checked their home page to copy the link I learned that they too have recently had a bit of a disaster.

I don't know to what extent they are open or indeed if they have any stock left, but it might still be worth either 'phoning them or contacting them by email.

Caravan Breakers

Let us know how you get on.

Forum Administrator
2003 Triton 420 and Audi A4 2.0Tfsi S-line SE Cabriolet
Pepé Le Pew and Randa france like this post!
Scroll up

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Tue Jun 21, 2022 9:34 pm
Wenn Sie hier auf Links zu eBay klicken und einen Kauf tätigen, kann dies dazu führen, dass diese Website eine Provision erhält.

Thanks Aaron. Doesn't look promising might have to bite the bullet and go to the dealers at Tebay. Apologies all I seem to have posted this thread in the wrong section!

Scroll up

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Tue Jun 21, 2022 10:04 pm
by Aycee | 36 Posts
Wenn Sie hier auf Links zu eBay klicken und einen Kauf tätigen, kann dies dazu führen, dass diese Website eine Provision erhält.

Sorry to hear of your problems but at least everything is easily repairable. I have just fixed the near side mudguard on my Troll as the top of it was flapping around. The mudguard has a lip on it and is secured to the body by a trim strip. It is still fixed to the body of your ‘van. Mine had disappeared completely! I did find a replacement on eBay. Just pull the trim strip off and push it back over both the mudguard and body ‘lips’

Randa france likes this post!
Scroll up

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Tue Jun 21, 2022 10:08 pm
by Aycee | 36 Posts

If you want to buy a new strip, I got mine from The Seal extrusion Company.
You can find them on eBay item ID 224056452147
It’s is listed as black rubber edge trim protection 14mm x 8.5 and fits perfectly.

C58C1046-F215-414F-812F-59F634EC1F2D.jpeg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

and Simboc2004 like this post!
Last edited Tue Jun 21, 2022 10:10 pm | Scroll up

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Tue Jun 21, 2022 11:21 pm

Thanks. I'll find a new mudguard first. Useful to know. Paul

Scroll up

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Thu Jun 23, 2022 8:23 am
by Stevejoyce (deleted)

The wheel spat/mudguard has a tab or lip at each lower end which slides under the van edge and is secured with a screw. You have probably still got the screws.

Triton 420 towed by a Ford Kuga 2.0 TDCi
Scroll up

Visitors
6 Members and 82 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12660 topics and 106594 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 6