Loo flush misdirects the water

in Anything Eriba-related Mon Jun 27, 2022 2:39 pm
by Nick | 19 Posts

We would be exceedingly grateful for some guidance on this issue please. Having got the Thetford electric pump working by installing a new power switch (doing away with the circuit board) we went away last weekend and used the loo flush for the first time. Result - water going in all the wrong places! The jet appears to aim the water up into the underside of the loo seat. Consequently it throws some water out past the hinge onto the toilet seat surround. (see photo with red rings).

Loo 1.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

More water drips from the underneath of the seat onto the surround and a small river then flows to the front of the loo seat surround. Instead of running back into the bowl via the depression in the front of the raised lip of the toilet bowl edge, it flows down the outside of the bowl and delivers a wet floor...and trousers etc!!!

It seems to me that the jet is aiming water up instead of horizontally or down (see red/blue arrows on image below). Are we doing something daft or is this a known issue?

p.s. the caravan was level.

Loo 2.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

Scroll up

RE: Loo flush misdirects the water

in Anything Eriba-related Mon Jun 27, 2022 2:48 pm
by eribaMotters | 5.403 Posts

I've just checked my toilet. The white tube you have that squirts the water has not been pushed through the hole correctly. The top ridge of the tube should be perfectly horizontal as opposed to pointing up as in your photos.

Colin

Forum Moderator. aka Oscar - Audi A3 1.5 petrol _ ex 430, 552, camplet trailer tent, 310, now a nice white 2017 430.

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Mon Jun 27, 2022 3:07 pm
by Nick | 19 Posts

Brill! Many thanks Colin. That confirms my suspicion.

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Mon Jun 27, 2022 7:27 pm
by Derekcbr (deleted)

Colin is right! BUT even with the jet in the correct position (you will know this because it ‘clicks’ when pulled and seated correctly). I used a long nosed pliers to pull it rather than push it from behind, and even then it sprayed the flush a little too high so I fitted an inch and a half of pipe into the jet and glued it with super glue. It now sends the flush correctly around the bowl. If you still have a problem after you’ve fitted it correctly I’ll send you a pic of my solution. Hope it works ok for you.

Simboc2004 likes this post!
Scroll up

Visitors
4 Members and 24 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12660 topics and 106593 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 4