General layout question

in Anything Eriba-related Sun Jul 03, 2022 10:42 am
by mscalpello (deleted)

Hi
We are planning to buy a Troll 530 (probably 60th or Ocean Drive).
We have had a Hymer 465 living for the last 18 years and are used to the door ‘being on the wrong side’ for UK sites (predominantly Caravan Club). However, I notice with the 530 that the seating unit is at the towing hitch end and the bed at the rear, which is the opposite to our current van.
Usually I would put the old van nose in on a uk site so the seating area looks out on the camp site and the awning faces in the same direction as all the others, I guess I can’t do that with a 530? Do you find it a problem at all? What do other folk do?
Thanks
Mat

Scroll up

RE: General layout question

in Anything Eriba-related Sun Jul 03, 2022 11:37 am
by Morphy | 972 Posts

Hiya Mat we have the 540 still has the dinette at the front with seats and the bench seats to the rear. Although not a 530 when we arrive on site we just choose which ever way we put the caravan in depending on which end has the best view. The caravan and camping we have found anyway over last couple years got more relaxed about which way the door is. Being the length the troll is we sometimes go on side ways with the door opening out onto the full pitch/hardstanding. Of course this is where the motormover comes into to play. Hope that helps as said we are not the 530 though Morphy

New Troll 540GT on the way Silver Skoda Octavia Scout residing in sunny Lancashire.

likes this post!
Last edited Sun Jul 03, 2022 12:17 pm | Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sun Jul 03, 2022 1:03 pm
by eribaMotters | 5.403 Posts

I have found exactly as above. Nose in or out is usually fine and totally in the C&MC rules, but you do get the odd warden who believes otherwise.
If pitches are large we also generally try and pitch width ways. On the CL's that we now favour it is generally do as you like, exactly as on European sites.

Colin.

Forum Moderator. aka Oscar - Audi A3 1.5 petrol _ ex 430, 552, camplet trailer tent, 310, now a nice white 2017 430.

and Simboc2004 like this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Mon Jul 04, 2022 11:22 am
by Steamdrivenandy | 1.018 Posts

With most Touring range vans, excepting those with kitchens in the nose, there are seating areas at both ends, so it doesn't really matter which way round you pitch as far as views are concerned. Nose in tends to be more neighbour friendly in the UK, but on a lot of pitches that means having a mover and some wardens object if the hitch isn't facing out.

I had nothing to do on this hot afternoon
But to settle down and write you a line

Skoda Karoq 1.5 Petrol DSG
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Mon Jul 04, 2022 12:41 pm
by mscalpello (deleted)

Thanks all, never had a problem going nose in at C&mc sites as long as you line up with the peg. They seem to have more of an issue with sideways pitching though.

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Mon Jul 04, 2022 1:17 pm
by Steamdrivenandy | 1.018 Posts

Nose in or out an Eriba Touring is 2m wide. Sideways it's 5m or so which can mean the mandatory fire safety distance is breached.

I had nothing to do on this hot afternoon
But to settle down and write you a line

Skoda Karoq 1.5 Petrol DSG
and Simboc2004 like this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Jul 06, 2022 7:06 pm
by John Cross | 267 Posts

We normally go nose in too

2005 Troll 540 and 1994 LR Discovery 1 Fred and Diane
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Thu Jul 07, 2022 7:45 am
by Poptop320 | 2.618 Posts

I always ask at the warden when we get to site if it is ok to go nose out as I usually prefer the bed area at the back, most C&MC are accommodating however you will get the odd ones such as Rowntree park in York will insist going nose in. The only problem with going nose out as you already know is that you have your neighbours door facing yours. I did see where this was an issue and it was another Eriba owner, they had a dog on a long string which was tied to a stake in the ground, the dog could reach their neighbours door and it was constantly yapping at them.

When I go on holiday I like to pop my top!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Mon Jul 11, 2022 9:05 am
by Simboc2004 | 713 Posts

Just back from a week away and we stayed at 4 C&MC sites - all were happy with nose in or out and we generally went nose in so we weren't "facing" the next door neighbours. Our first van with a motor mover and it really does make those manoeuvres easier!

All the C&MC wardens we met were very easy going, provided the 6m firebreak rule was maintained.

Athena, now renamed Poppy, our 2005 Eriba 430GT, leading our Volvo V70 astray...
Poptop320 likes this post!
Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 40 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12659 topics and 106590 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 0