1971 ERIBA FAMILIA/PAN wheel bearing problem

in Anything Eriba-related Sun Aug 07, 2022 4:05 pm
by Timothy Cooper (deleted)

Dear Ariba folk. I am writing for a friend who is stuck with his 1971 ERIBA FAMILIA/PAN somewhere in northern France, the outside wheel bearing of his caravan having given up the ghost on his way to hollday along with his wife and children. Could anyone please help identify the bearing (roller) which is outermost on the stub axle. If we can get him the reference I believe we could find a bearing stockist where he could buy said article.He should be able to obtain a set of pullers to remove the old one. The outide diameter of the bearing is 48mm and it is 14mm thick. The inside diameter appears to be 20mm.[img][/img]

Last edited Sun Aug 07, 2022 8:20 pm | Scroll up

RE: 1971 ERIBA FAMILIA/PAN wheel bearing problem

in Anything Eriba-related Sun Aug 07, 2022 6:34 pm
by JohnE (deleted)

Hi Timothy

To identify the correct bearing would require either the part no of the existing bearing, stamped on its circumference or the casting number of the drum, again found on the outer circumference.

I guess the drums could be 1637's - 160mm internal diameter, and 37mm brake shoe width - confirmed (or otherwise) by the casting number.

likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sun Aug 07, 2022 8:25 pm
by Timothy Cooper (deleted)

Thank you John, I'm afraid there's not much left of the bearing. I will tell him to try to find the ref.

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sun Aug 07, 2022 10:27 pm
by JohnE (deleted)

What about looking at the bearing on the good side?

The outer bearing should slip off the stub axle once the split pin and castle nut are removed.

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Mon Aug 08, 2022 1:00 am
by Angie and Steve | 165 Posts

It should be possible to specify a replacement bearing using the dimensions you have given. A decent bearing supplier will definitely be able to do this for you but meanwhile check this site out and you will see that once you have decided on the bearing type (ball, roller,tapered roller etc.) all you need are the bearing width and inner + outer diameters to specify your bearing.
https://www.bearingshopuk.co.uk/bearings...oller-bearings/

I hope this helps,
Steve.

Without music, life would be a mistake.
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Fri Aug 19, 2022 4:37 pm
by Simboc2004 | 713 Posts

Hope they got back OK - we saw them at the services on the A26, but couldn't be of any assistance, unfortunately...

Poppy, our 2005 Eriba 430GT, leading our Volvo V70 astray...
Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 105 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12659 topics and 106590 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 0