Eriba Security

in Anything Eriba-related Sat Aug 13, 2022 2:54 pm
by J&S (deleted)

Hi Guys
We are new to the Forum and are currently awaiting delivery of our 420 next month.
Looking into security aspects - wheel clamps, hitch locks etc. we have also seen some SAS Heavy Duty Locking Bolts for the four stabiliser legs.
Are these bolts any good and can they be fitted to a 420 Eriba.
Any advice and comments would be most welcome.

Scroll up

RE: Eriba Security

in Anything Eriba-related Sat Aug 13, 2022 7:33 pm
by Stevejoyce (deleted)

The leg locks give a bit or visible deterrent but are not highly secure. You will probably need to have a wheel clamp and hitch lock for your insurance, which have to be fitted whenever the van is unattended. Again these won't resist a determined attack but are better than nothing.

Triton 420 towed by a Ford Kuga 2.0 TDCi
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sat Aug 13, 2022 7:46 pm
by Julie Grafo | 3.473 Posts

Nothing will stop a determined thief but I’ve only ever heard of one Eriba being stolen quite a few years ago and if I remember rightly it wasn’t in the UK. We have hitch lock and wheel clamp to keep the insurance happy, IMHO leg locks are an unnecessary faff 😁

Julie & Neil. 2008 530GT pushing Honda CR-V 1.6 iDTEC SE+
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sat Aug 13, 2022 8:10 pm
by Stevejoyce (deleted)

Our van came with 2 for the back legs. To put it on you just push it over the winding bit and it clicks in place. 1/4 turn with a key and pull it off. Isn't much of a faff except you need the special plug to wind it up and down, ( something else to carry and not lose). I haven't lost my cool with them ... yet!

Triton 420 towed by a Ford Kuga 2.0 TDCi
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Mon Aug 15, 2022 1:14 pm
by J&S (deleted)

Thanks for the prompt replies and input

Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 86 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12659 topics and 106590 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 0