Precise bed size for 2002 Troll 540

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Sun Aug 28, 2022 5:46 pm
by cabbie37 | 648 Posts

Currently, we use a memory foam mattress topper in the Troll to improve the comfort level of the foam filled seats of our 2002 Troll 540 (without the centre cabinet) Discussions have taken place about how we need different level density mattresses and I am looking at getting two bespoke wide single mattress toppers (probably from Duvalay – comments invited) of different firmness levels. As a result, I need fairly precise measurements of the total bed area to place an order. Our van is now in storage and will be difficult to access before the NEC show in September when I hope to talk to Duvalay. Might it be possible that some kind person with easy access to a similar van could put a tape measure over the space in their van to confirm what I think my measurements are, please? With two large singles, I have to be pretty much down to the mm to make sure gaps don’t appear between them or they move about generally…

Your help would be much appreciated…

thanks...

Scroll up

RE: Precise bed size for 2002 Troll 540

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Sun Aug 28, 2022 10:03 pm
by Steamdrivenandy | 1.018 Posts

Sounds easy but it's not.
Firstly the rear end of the inside of an Eriba is curved so in the middle of the rear it would be one measurement and at the side walls it would be another.
Add to that the fact that the width of Troll 540 and 530's increased by 4 ins when production moved to Germany from France in 2010. Indeed a few Troll models were already wider before that date.
We always used both our 540's with single beds and used Duvalays which were just the right length and width for using in the single bed mode.

I had nothing to do on this hot afternoon
But to settle down and write you a line

Skoda Karoq 1.5 Petrol DSG
Scroll up

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Mon Aug 29, 2022 7:50 am
by cabbie37 | 648 Posts

Thanks for the comments.

It struck me in the night that from the materials I have at home, the length of the bed is known, as is the apporximate raidus of the curved part. It is the precise width that is the issue. What struck me is that any van(?) of that era would be the same width, so if someone could measure just the width for me, that would be a great help...

thanks...

Scroll up

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Mon Aug 29, 2022 8:08 am
by Steamdrivenandy | 1.018 Posts

According to the Eriba brochures the double bed of a 540, up until 2010, is 188cm x 190cm when made up. The 188cm measurement being the width of the van and the 190cm being the measurement from the kitchen/wardrobe side to the flat wall at the rear. That's just under 6ft 2ins wide by just under 6ft 3ins deep. How much variance there is in actual individual examples is an unknown. Trolls and Tritons of 2002 were all the same width.

https://files.homepagemodules.de/b614104...72_FstczfbY.pdf

I had nothing to do on this hot afternoon
But to settle down and write you a line

Skoda Karoq 1.5 Petrol DSG
Scroll up

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Mon Aug 29, 2022 9:45 am
by cabbie37 | 648 Posts

Now that is exactly what I needed. Thank you Andy. And correlates exactly with what I had estimated. I have the 2001 brochure that was obviously used by the previous owners when ordering their van, but those measurements are not stated.

Thanks...

Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 99 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12659 topics and 106590 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 0