Fridge controls.

in Anything Eriba-related Tue Aug 30, 2022 10:05 am
by mr_underhill | 688 Posts

I cant seem to find a picture of the fridge controls in the ' working ' position. I know I have seen one somewhere but cannot find my copy. Can anyone help please ?

Tardis II , Eriba Puck 1990 pushing a Fiat 500 Colour Therapy, Twin Air Turbo.
One man and his dog.. retired 🐶
Scroll up

RE: Fridge controls.

in Anything Eriba-related Tue Aug 30, 2022 11:52 am
by cabbie37 | 648 Posts

Not quite sure what you are asking for but does this help from the manual?

IMG_4795.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

Doonhamer and Simboc2004 like this post!
Last edited Tue Aug 30, 2022 11:53 am | Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Tue Aug 30, 2022 1:37 pm

Pic is wonderful and clear.
Switch A is 12v
Switch B is 240v
D is temperature control. so turning temp control fully right...should be coldest ?

D,E and F are self explanatory.

So, mains at home should be switch B on and temp control to right to get colder.

Thanks Andy

Doonhamer likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Tue Aug 30, 2022 1:53 pm
by Steve and Debbie | 1.086 Posts

And 'on' is when the switch is pushed in at the top to the 'I'

Steve

Puck 120 GT - Nissan Pulsar 1.5DCi
mr_underhill likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Tue Aug 30, 2022 3:44 pm

That was the easy bit !

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Tue Aug 30, 2022 11:00 pm
by Steamdrivenandy | 1.018 Posts

Please be aware that absorption fridges, whichever energy source they use, only operate at one rate of chilling.

Turning the temperature dial to a lower temperature doesn't make the fridge work harder, it just means the energy source won't turn off 'til it reaches that lower temperature.

So in hot weather when fridges struggle to chill properly there is absolutely no point in turning up the temperature knob. If the fridge is having trouble reaching the point to turn off when set at middling, it will have no chance of reaching the cut off for anything lower.

So Mr U's comment that turning the temp. control to the right to get colder isn't necessarily true. In cool ambient conditions it may be true that the fridge will be able to chill down to those temperatures but when it's hot you could set the fridge at far left and it might not even reach the internal temperature to switch the thermostat off. So, in hot weather turning the knob to the right doesn't necessarily mean a colder fridge, the fridge just trudges on working at the same level until the thermostat says you reached my setting, then it will turn off. In hot weather it probably will never reach that setting.

I had nothing to do on this hot afternoon
But to settle down and write you a line

Skoda Karoq 1.5 Petrol DSG
mr_underhill likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Aug 31, 2022 8:13 am
by Ray Lawrence | 671 Posts

In hot weather there is a thought that having the mains thermostat set too low is counter productive. The fridge is unable to get cold enough to operate the the thermostat so the heating element is actually adding to the ambient temperature. Best to set the thermostat to mid position.

2007 Triton 430GT - Seat Ateca 1.4TSI petrol manual
Frantone likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Aug 31, 2022 10:30 am
by Steamdrivenandy | 1.018 Posts

Quote: Ray Lawrence wrote in post #7
In hot weather there is a thought that having the mains thermostat set too low is counter productive. The fridge is unable to get cold enough to operate the the thermostat so the heating element is actually adding to the ambient temperature. Best to set the thermostat to mid position.

The fridge temperature setting makes no difference to the heat produced by the element or gas burner, they both only operate at one temperature and are either on or off. Setting the fridge for a lower temperature will only mean that the form of heating used runs for longer, trying to get down to the temperature set. If the ambient temperature is hot (above around 25C) the fridge probably won't turn off it's heating at all, even at a minimal setting, so turning the fridge 'up' to get a lower temperature just won't work.

I had nothing to do on this hot afternoon
But to settle down and write you a line

Skoda Karoq 1.5 Petrol DSG
Scroll up

Visitors
1 Member and 38 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12659 topics and 106590 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 1