Cycle carrier on front

in Got an Eriba or anything Eriba-related to sell? Looking for a caravan, parts or accessories? Put your adverts here Tue Oct 04, 2022 2:47 pm
by Cockney camper (deleted)

I have a cycle carrier on the front of my 320 Familia GT. I haven't put a bike on it yet as I am unsure whether this will create problems with the nose weight, which seems to be front heavy anyway. I was thinking of selling it and putting a bike rack on the car.

Scroll up

RE: Cycle carrier on front

in Got an Eriba or anything Eriba-related to sell? Looking for a caravan, parts or accessories? Put your adverts here Wed Oct 05, 2022 4:29 pm
by Stevejoyce (deleted)

On our Triton we have a towball for a clip on Thule xpress rack and two full sized trail bikes. With just our usual stuff in the in van we get a noseweight of about 50-55Kg. We don't carry very much in the van. With the bikes mounted and moving the awning back over the axle, this goes up to 70Kg (car has a 100Kg limit). It is a bit of a faff as it's a pretty tight fit but works ok. I usually take the inside pedals off, and turn the handlebars so they are inline which makes it a lot easier to fit. Also modded the rack so a bike fits each side of the rack uprights.

Triton 420 towed by a Ford Kuga 2.0 TDCi

Simboc2004 likes this post!
Last edited Wed Oct 05, 2022 4:31 pm | Scroll up

in Got an Eriba or anything Eriba-related to sell? Looking for a caravan, parts or accessories? Put your adverts here Fri Oct 07, 2022 1:21 pm
by Simboc2004 | 713 Posts

Do you have a photo of that modification? I have fitted a front lowball and have a Thule Xpress, but haven't actually used it yet. I was thinking of fitting a rear carrier as well and putting one bike front and one rear...

Poppy, our 2005 Eriba 430GT, leading our Volvo V70 astray...
Scroll up

in Got an Eriba or anything Eriba-related to sell? Looking for a caravan, parts or accessories? Put your adverts here Sat Oct 08, 2022 8:22 am
by GCL | 123 Posts

Land Rover Discovery3, 2003 Eriba Triton 430
Simboc2004 likes this post!
Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 79 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12659 topics and 106590 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 0