2kw diesel Heater.

in Anything Eriba-related Mon Nov 21, 2022 8:31 am
by Randa france | 13.049 Posts

An interesting discussion opened by Scott Lilley on Eribafolk Facebook about fitting a diesel heater to an Eriba.

Plenty of chat which caused me to look for more information just from a point of interest, nothing more. This You Tube Video is very good.

ERIBAFOLK POP UP EVERYWHERE 1999 Eriba Troll 530 pushing a VW Touran 2L TDi Match . FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Simboc2004 likes this post!
Scroll up

RE: 2kw diesel Heater.

in Anything Eriba-related Mon Nov 21, 2022 6:39 pm
by AlanC | 101 Posts

Our VW T5.1 SE California had a diesel habitation heater which is standard fitment on the SE and Ocean campervans.

It uses diesel from the van's fuel tank and the pump ticks gently when working. Ours didn't smell inside the van but the exhaust did on occasion as it could collect under the van on windless days.

If you fitted one to an Eriba you would need a fuel tank onboard somewhere which could be smelly if the tank was overfilled when refueling.

The was noisy on start-up but slowed once the system got hot. The pump ticked faster on start-up too.

Alan

Liz and Alan
Troll 530 Touring 2015 now pushing a Honda CR-V

Randa france and cruickie like this post!
Last edited Mon Nov 21, 2022 6:43 pm | Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Tue Nov 22, 2022 10:00 am

Thanks for the info Alan. Always useful to know a bit about them.
Randa

ERIBAFOLK POP UP EVERYWHERE 1999 Eriba Troll 530 pushing a VW Touran 2L TDi Match . FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Tue Nov 22, 2022 1:06 pm
by Frantone | 108 Posts

I’m a light sleeper and found the pump ticking very annoying!

Eriba Troll 540GT. 2019. Our sixth Eriba! Loved them all.
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Tue Nov 22, 2022 1:46 pm
by Captain Calamity | 356 Posts

I’m not sure if the heaters are the same but having used an Eberspacher diesel heater on a boat, I found it very quiet if you were on the boat. Others nearby were sometimes annoyed by the exhaust noise which could disturb a quiet evening. Something to consider.

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Tue Nov 22, 2022 2:21 pm

I know I started this thread just as a point of interest but there must be a good reason why boat owners and some Campervan owners prefer diesel heaters to gas heaters.

Any idea why? I must be missing something here eg. do some shed owners prefer them too?

Randa

Last edited Tue Nov 22, 2022 2:23 pm | Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Tue Nov 22, 2022 2:44 pm
by aquavit | 23 Posts

Having had a diesel heater on a boat, which also featured a diesel fired hob for cooking, one big advantage is the convenience of a single source of fuel (all out of the one tank in a boat) also the safety aspect of not having gas onboard.

Randa france likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Tue Nov 22, 2022 7:11 pm
by Captain Calamity | 356 Posts

I think Aquavit is spot on. It’s about the convenience of a ready fuel source. In the van, if we are off grid we use the gas function of the Truma heater. With our Safefill setup (aka Marmite gas!) it is now cheaper than the £5 being asked by some for an EHU.

Scroll up

Visitors
3 Members and 19 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12660 topics and 106601 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 3