Unidentified electrical box

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Dec 07, 2022 6:33 pm
by rp163 | 5 Posts

Hello everybody. I was having a look inside the caravan this afternoon before packing away for winter and decided to find out what this box does (hopefully the image is attached).
I'd never taken much notice of it previously and assumed it was something to do with the motor mover. The cable leads to the csv409 and is connected to the pins for the solar charger. The van does not have a solar system and there is no mention of it in the motor mover handbook.
Does anybody know what it is? DSC_4700.JPG - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

Scroll up

RE: Unidentified electrical box

in Anything Eriba-related Thu Dec 08, 2022 3:07 pm
by Inspecta_Gadget | 264 Posts

Hi,
It looks to me like someone’s home electronics project, and from what you say about the connections, it is probably a home-made solar regulator.
With it being located near the locker door, it may have had a portable solar panel connected as required.
Is the black block some kind of connector?it’s not clear from the photo.
If you’ve no use for a solar panel then either ignore it or disconnect and remove the box.
TBH, even if you are thinking about using solar at some point I’d put new kit in as there will be no way of knowing how effective (or safe) this would be.

Scroll up

RE: Unidentified electrical box

in Anything Eriba-related Thu Dec 08, 2022 3:53 pm
by AlanC | 101 Posts

It is nothing to do with the Motor Mover as that has a larger control box usually beside or close to the battery.
Looks like an amateur installation to me. The LED display slot is hand-cut and filed.

I am surprised it wasn't removed before you bought the van so would remove it now. Should be easy to do if it is just plugged into the Solar connection on the BIP.

Alan

Liz and Alan
Troll 530 Touring 2015 now pushing a Honda CR-V
Scroll up

Visitors
4 Members and 37 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12660 topics and 106601 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 4