Cap on the water tank

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Sat Dec 31, 2022 1:54 am
by Graeme | 6 Posts

Hello,

We have recently received our first Eriba and are a major learning curve.
Can someone please help with some advice in how to remove the cap on the water filler.
I have noticed on another post that they seem to be a bit fragile. The manual says unlock the cap turn it a quarter turn and take it off.
I have tried quarter turns in both directions and even applied gentle pressure while rotating the cap.
No doubt it is something simple but so far it is eluding me. Many thanks.

Scroll up

RE: Cap on the water tank

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Sat Dec 31, 2022 10:41 am
by eribaMotters | 5.403 Posts

If you mean the blue cap on the outside fill it is a pain. You do need 1/4 turn anti clockwise, but the lugs break VERY easily. The simple fool proof spring loaded centre fails. We carry a spare and spare and add a spot of vaseline on the rubber washer.

Colin

Forum Moderator. aka Oscar - Audi A3 1.5 petrol _ ex 430, 552, camplet trailer tent, 310, now a nice white 2017 430.

Last edited Sun Jan 01, 2023 3:59 pm | Scroll up

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Sat Dec 31, 2022 10:32 pm
by Captain Calamity | 356 Posts
Wenn Sie hier auf Links zu eBay klicken und einen Kauf tätigen, kann dies dazu führen, dass diese Website eine Provision erhält.

The water cap is fiddly and fragile. However aligning the lugs before pressing the cap firmly in works and if you do break it, as I did, there are many inexpensive replacements on eBay.

Steve and Debbie likes this post!
Last edited Sun Jan 01, 2023 12:11 am | Scroll up

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Sun Jan 01, 2023 3:58 pm
by eribaMotters | 5.403 Posts
Wenn Sie hier auf Links zu eBay klicken und einen Kauf tätigen, kann dies dazu führen, dass diese Website eine Provision erhält.

I've just checked my old e-bay purchases and this is where I bought a couple. You may find cheaper, I don't know. If you buy a barrel removal key you could put your lock in . I did not bother. Werbung: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/283962017602

Colin

I did not post a German e-bay link. For some reason the forum software alters things.

The following contents have been linked to this post:

Forum Moderator. aka Oscar - Audi A3 1.5 petrol _ ex 430, 552, camplet trailer tent, 310, now a nice white 2017 430.

Last edited Sun Jan 01, 2023 4:04 pm | Scroll up

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Sun Jan 01, 2023 9:47 pm
by Stevejoyce (deleted)

I never use the outside filler. Just have a 10L Water carrier with a tap. Sit it on top of the tank with the screw cap removed and let it fill itself, and repeat a couple of times.

Triton 420 towed by a Ford Kuga 2.0 TDCi
Scroll up

Visitors
2 Members and 60 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12660 topics and 106593 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 2