Bunk for a Troll 552

in Anything Eriba-related Fri Jan 27, 2023 11:35 pm
by Rachel Kemp | 20 Posts

Can you fit a bunk to a 2007 Troll 552? I’m thinking of the official bunk kit that slots into the table rail. As the dinette in on the side rather than at the end there isn’t really a length restriction as there would be with the width of an older model. Just wondered if anyone had done it?

Erbie the 552
Scroll up

RE: Bunk for a Troll 552

in Anything Eriba-related Sat Jan 28, 2023 10:06 am
by eribaMotters | 5.403 Posts

Rachel, I'm not really sure what you are asking. I'm guessing you are asking if it is possible to make the side dinette into a bunk bed.
I owned a 552 for a few summers. The side dinette makes up a short single bed, suitable for a child at 1.6m in length. I am not aware of any bunk bed kit that would be suitable to use in this area and doubt whether it would be safe to fabricate one as you would need support/bracing at the head and foot end.

Colin.

Forum Moderator. aka Oscar - Audi A3 1.5 petrol _ ex 430, 552, camplet trailer tent, 310, now a nice white 2017 430.
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Mon Jan 30, 2023 6:18 pm
by TheFatBadger (deleted)

Hi Rachel,

We use the Official Eriba bunk over the single bed in a 530.
The only attachment points are a rail which fits into the table rail attachment, and two hooks which go over the lip of the roof.
There are no side attachment points, but I know Eriba only advertise the bunk as fitting a few models, so I'm guessing it may be an issue with dimensions.
If you're close (Berkshire) we'd be happy to let you try the official bunk in your van.
FB

Proud owners of Ellie, our first Eriba, a 2022 Troll 530 60th, home to two hyperactive children and two frantic parents...
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Tue Jan 31, 2023 11:15 am
by Steamdrivenandy | 1.018 Posts

The point is that the 552 seating is not in the front, across the van, but is on the nearside of the van, with nothing to restrict either end, whereas in a 530/540 the bunk ends are the side walls. Added to that a 552 will be a Cernay built van with a different roof height to the modern German built models.

I had nothing to do on this hot afternoon
But to settle down and write you a line

Skoda Karoq 1.5 Petrol DSG and a 420. A Bailey Phoenix + 420, with oven, microwave, shower cubicle, solar panel, ATC and external gas point.
Scroll up

Visitors
1 Member and 89 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12659 topics and 106590 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 1