Stop drops from roof fixings

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Mar 22, 2023 3:45 pm
by Craig89 (deleted)

We have 4 small round metal roof fixings in our caravan, I think they were installed to help support the roof

However they are directly over the beds and always attract condensation and drip onto the beds / children

Is there anything that can be put on these to stop it?

Scroll up

RE: Stop drops from roof fixings

in Anything Eriba-related Thu Mar 23, 2023 9:34 am
by Randa france | 13.048 Posts

Interesting! You say you have a 1989 Troll. Can you post a picture for us to see what they are?
Randa

ERIBAFOLK POP UP EVERYWHERE 1999 Eriba Troll 530 pushing a VW Touran 2L TDi Match . FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Thu Mar 23, 2023 11:54 am
by Craig89 (deleted)

PXL_20220917_063346501.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)Yes, if I can figure out how

Randa france likes this post!
Last edited Thu Mar 23, 2023 11:59 am | Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Thu Mar 23, 2023 2:23 pm
by Randa france | 13.048 Posts

Hi Craig. Thanks for that. As you say, it looks like they are an addition to the pop top. I don't think the hessian looking fabric is original either. I'm not 100% sure though. Do these coach bolts/screws go all the way through to the outside or are they only to hold the fabric to the inside of the roof?

My concern is that if there is enough of a drip to worry you all while you sleep, it could be more than condensation.

If the coach screws? are only there to hold the fabric up into the hardboard that should be above then all I can suggest is that you remove each one in turn and fit a plastic cap and washer to each.

Randa

ERIBAFOLK POP UP EVERYWHERE 1999 Eriba Troll 530 pushing a VW Touran 2L TDi Match . FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
SOULBLUESMAN68 likes this post!
Scroll up

Visitors
2 Members and 92 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12659 topics and 106590 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 2