MRO familia 320

in Anything Eriba-related Sat May 27, 2023 2:57 pm
by Chrissie (deleted)

Does anyone know if this includes gas bottles and/or battery? Pretty certain that the battery is not, the handbook says that gas cylinders are included. I have not been able to work out any definitive answer

Scroll up

RE: MRO familia 320

in Anything Eriba-related Sat May 27, 2023 3:36 pm
by eribaMotters | 5.403 Posts

Welcome Chrissie.The MIRO should include some essentials. I use this info on working my weights out.
BS EN 1646-2 states - “Leisure accommodation vehicles for caravans' includes full gas and water , “This has been equated to 30 kg”
If you are starting from scratch it would be worth making up a list of contents and weights as you will be surprised by how it all adds up. Attached you'll find what I use.

Colin

[[File:Feeling weights.docx]]

Attachment:
No rights to view attachments. Only file names are shown. Register now!
Feeling weights.docx Feeling weights.docx

Forum Moderator. aka Oscar - Audi A3 1.5 petrol _ ex 430, 552, camplet trailer tent, 310, now a nice white 2017 430.
Simboc2004 likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sat May 27, 2023 8:34 pm
by Steamdrivenandy | 1.018 Posts

MIRO is a bit of a moving target. Firstly it is the weight of just one, usually prototype van in order to register for type approval. Actual production vans often weigh more due to the tolerances in production materials and appliances.
MIRO regs don't stipulate an actual amount for either gas or water, just stipulating that there should be an allowance. Many UK makes include a 10kg gas allowance which is odd when a 6kg Calor cylinder weighs 14kg when full. To find out what's included in any particular MIRO for any particular year you need to check the brands spec sheet very carefully.
The other thing to be aware of is that Eriba Touring van MIROs are for a very basic spec. van and most have many cost options added, which use up payload. In addition a battery and mover is never included in MIRO, so adding them to a van uses around 55kg of payload. In the case of Eribas it's even more because the equipment to charge and control a battery has to be included as it's not standard. HTH

I had nothing to do on this hot afternoon
But to settle down and write you a line

Skoda Karoq 1.5 Petrol DSG and a 420. A Bailey Phoenix + 420, with oven, microwave, shower cubicle, solar panel, ATC and external gas point.

Simboc2004 likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Wed May 31, 2023 9:50 am
by Chrissie (deleted)

Many thanks for your reply. Our van registration plate actually lists the MRO as 100kgs, which I find hard to believe, and just adds to the confusion. The manual and a notice in the van also disagree! The dealer told us that the MRO is 720 and payload is 180. We have been deducting the weight of gas bottles, battery and mover from the payload since we bought it. Interestingly Leisure First now only state not laden and unladen weight .We have never had problems with towing the caravan but the new car we now have made me redo the calculations, not easy with the different figures quoted.

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Wed May 31, 2023 10:26 am
by eribaMotters | 5.403 Posts

Chrissie, I'm going to make a few assumptions to add to Steamdrivenandy's reply.
I do not know what year your van is, but I'm guessing it is a pre 2010 and it has a plate that says 900kg and was probably 720kg in a totally empty basic spec before any factory extras were built onto/into it. It should have either a red/black hitch coupling and an Alko chassis or a blue/black hitch coupling on a BPW chassis. If you crawl underneath the van you will find a plate in the middle of the axle that may well say 1050kg, so it's even more confusing, as you cannot use this limit.
If you open your owners manual you should find a list of weights for optional extras that could have been fitted at the factory. Add these up and then add them to the 720kg empty figure. I then take away the BS allowance of 30kg to get my payload. This latter point is open to debate.
To confuse you further some also then take away the nose weight of the van as this is acting on the tow bar of the car and not a load through the wheels. I do not know if this is correct and do not make this allowance.
As an example of weights I've attached a 2007 owners manual. Look at p139.

Colin

Attachment:
No rights to view attachments. Only file names are shown. Register now!
2007 Eriba Owners Manual.pdf 2007 Eriba Owners Manual.pdf

Forum Moderator. aka Oscar - Audi A3 1.5 petrol _ ex 430, 552, camplet trailer tent, 310, now a nice white 2017 430.

Last edited Wed May 31, 2023 10:33 am | Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Wed May 31, 2023 8:44 pm
by Steamdrivenandy | 1.018 Posts

MTPLM is the maximum a van can weigh when loaded. The noseweight load cannot be removed as it's the total weight of the van is what counts. What it does mean is that when towing your van never puts it's full weight through the two road wheels. It's a silliness that should be more clearly defined by regulation, but isn't. I suspect the 100kg figure mentioned by the OP is the noseweight limit, aka as Axle 1 on VIN plates. VIN plates don't show MIRO's, only weight limits.

I had nothing to do on this hot afternoon
But to settle down and write you a line

Skoda Karoq 1.5 Petrol DSG and a 420. A Bailey Phoenix + 420, with oven, microwave, shower cubicle, solar panel, ATC and external gas point.

Last edited Wed May 31, 2023 8:46 pm | Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 86 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12659 topics and 106590 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 0