RE: I've a Feeling

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Oct 04, 2023 12:15 pm
by dinky | 211 Posts

it looks metal to me, on the feeling,
not rivets, bolts that dont go rusty and a sealer are a better preference than popping rivets.

hymer need to be involved here as if a factory material fault they should recall for inspection,
a person could of been injured with whatever flew off.

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Oct 04, 2023 12:17 pm
by eribaMotters | 5.403 Posts

The main body of the pop top has an exterior face of sheet aluminium. It is a sandwich of insulation material with a very shiny white plastic interior surface. The end caps are plastic. If you look back to #21 you will be able to see the end piece that is missing.

Colin

Forum Moderator. aka Oscar - Audi A3 1.5 petrol - oh dear me, I've gone to the darkish side and bought a Feeling after 4 Tourings
Randa france likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Oct 04, 2023 1:02 pm
by Randa france | 13.048 Posts

Right. I see that. I'll borrow your picture to post showing what's missing for others to ponder.

Randa

ERIBAFOLK POP UP EVERYWHERE 1999 Eriba Troll 530 pushing a VW Touran 2L TDi Match . FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Fri Mar 22, 2024 11:46 am

I've just got under the cover and opened up the van for the first time since it went away in October. It smells lovely.
Before I covered it up for winter I did a few more jobs. In addition to the extra socket near the kitchen I added a switched feed to a set of three fans on the fridge. I must admit the fridge performance seemed better than those on my Touring's, but any extra cooling help is useful.
61-1600.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte) 62-1600.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)
As I had easy access to the 12v and space was available I added a battery voltage monitor.
48-1600.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte) 49-1600.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)
Finally, before we set off in the summer I was not happy with the location of the front most cycle position on the A frame carrier as it was in line with the jockey wheel. I moved it back but had to make a couple of stainless strips to support the hinge area where the tyre racks had originally been located.
Be warned, the on-line configurator specifies a Thule Superb Carrier. It is wrong and should be the Thule Superb Short for a perfect fit. I'd contacted Eriba over this error and you can guess the reply. They do not see it as an issue.
63-1600.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte) 66-1600.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

Colin

Forum Moderator. aka Oscar - Audi A3 1.5 petrol - oh dear me, I've gone to the darkish side and bought a Feeling after 4 Tourings

smitton and Simboc2004 like this post!
Last edited Fri Mar 22, 2024 12:36 pm | Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Thu Apr 04, 2024 6:04 pm
by Simboc2004 | 713 Posts

I've just done my usual occasional search for Eribas for sale and noticed a large number of Feelings and Novas coming up.

Poppy, our 2005 Eriba 430GT, leading our Volvo V70 astray...
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Thu Apr 04, 2024 6:08 pm
by Simboc2004 | 713 Posts

In addition to the extra socket near the kitchen I added a switched feed to a set of three fans on the fridge. I must admit the fridge performance seemed better than those on my Touring's, but any extra cooling help is useful.

How typical, Colin, that, just as I finishing adding two fans to my Triton fridge, you have to up the ante and go for three fans on your Feeling...

Cheers, Simon

Poppy, our 2005 Eriba 430GT, leading our Volvo V70 astray...

eribaMotters likes this post!
Last edited Thu Apr 04, 2024 6:08 pm | Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sat Jul 20, 2024 5:58 pm
by SeptimusFry | 2 Posts

Colin, (I know it’s right, tx to Randa)
I’ve just broken the faith like you. I drove all the way from Brittany to nr.Arnhem in Holland to look at a couple of Trolls. After considerable research and consideration, (1 hour) we chose a Feeling 470 !! The overall value for money just leaves the Troll out in the cold. It does mean leaving a quirky little group who can all spot another member en route and I’ll not get those family flashes or toots as I roll along, but, hell, one just HAS to grow up eventually.

It wasn’t until arriving home last night that I found that the clearance and 0.5m extra length made me ground on entry to our driveway!
Hence looking in the forum for other peeps discussion on clearance. So here I’m reading your thread and I’m stupid, since I don’t know what you’re talking about!! You mentioned some figures which seem contradictory. Can you explain the 150 130 120 figures you mention - specifically for a dimwit.

And can you summarise your inner feelings after a year of exposure to your feeling?

Last edited Sat Jul 20, 2024 6:42 pm | Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sat Jul 20, 2024 6:17 pm

Quote: SeptimusFry wrote in post #67
So here I'm reading your thread and I'm stupid, since I don't know what you're talking about!! You mentioned some figures which seem contradictory. Can you explain the 150 130 120 figures you mention - specifically for a dimwit

And we all thought Mrs Fry's 7th baby was the cleverest baby in the World?

Denbigh. Mr Motters is called Colin. The Oscar was awarded to him at the 2019 Summer Meet for his technical contributions to this forum

Randa

ERIBAFOLK POP UP EVERYWHERE 1999 Eriba Troll 530 pushing a VW Touran 2L TDi Match . FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
SeptimusFry and Simboc2004 like this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sat Jul 20, 2024 8:36 pm

Denbigh, I saw your post on the Facebook page about clearance onto your driveway.

To clarify, I posted earlier about the limited ground clearance at 150mm. This distance between the bottom of the crossbar that the mover is bolted to and the ground is better than I had hoped for and exceeds the minimum clearance of 130mm I found in a thread on the Reich mover. Also it exceeds the bottom suspension mount to ground clearance of 120mm.

To summarise my feelings [pun] after a year of owning my Feeling, I'm delighted. Yes I do miss the wonderful quirky and eccentric lines of the Touring and my mpg has dropped from an average 34-36mpg to 32-34mpg, but I'm typically hauling 1350kg as opposed to 1200kg.
It is very well screwed together and I have not had to fix anything. How many Touring owners can say that? I chose to add a turn button at the top of the bathroom door as it opened once in transit, but I'm not sure if this was down to my incompetence after waiting 4 hours for a collection handover. It tows wonderfully, even more planted than my previous 4 Touring's. The extra internal width is wonderful and we no longer have a problem squeezing past each other. Nice touches such as the wallboard on spacers around the bed means no cold spots. I have a large gas locker where the spare tyre is accessible in case of emergency and loads of room for the extras we carry.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, if you re considering a Toll then please have a look at a Feeling.

Colin

Randa france and Simboc2004 like this post!
Last edited Sun Jul 21, 2024 8:14 am | Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sun Jul 21, 2024 9:39 am

Denbigh. I've linked the thread below as it has a great picture of the Feeling and the Touring together.

Eriba Feeling v Eriba Touring

Randa

Last edited Sun Jul 21, 2024 9:42 am | Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 93 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12659 topics and 106590 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 0