motor mover

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Mon Aug 07, 2023 12:16 pm
by monoboard | 357 Posts

i arrived back from Scotland last night and came to apply my Reich (made by it says?) Easy Driver Pro 1.8. The roller came out on to the tyres as usual but only one was revolving. I have since towed it into a building & haven't had a chance to check it out further yet, just wondered if any one had similar problem. I had it fitted new by AVL when i bought it in july 19 and it's only been used about 4 times a year since then

Scroll up

RE: motor mover

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Tue Aug 08, 2023 2:05 pm
by eribaMotters | 5.403 Posts

Contact ALV. I believe it has a 5 year warranty.

Coli

Forum Moderator. aka Oscar - Audi A3 1.5 petrol - oh dear me, I've gone to the darkish side and bought a Feeling after 4 Tourings

Last edited Tue Aug 08, 2023 2:06 pm | Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Tue Aug 08, 2023 2:14 pm
by AlanC | 101 Posts

My Reich motor mover packed up last year.

We booked it in to have it repaired and after we towed the van to the workshop the mover worked perfectly. The mechanic suggested it was a stone that had jammed the mechanism and had loosened and fallen out on the trip to the workshop. It has worked perfectly since then.

So my suggestion would be to power it up but don't wind the mover onto the wheels. Try forward and reverse a few times and see if that frees it up before you go to a mechanic.

Alan

Liz and Alan
Troll 530 Touring 2015 now pushing a Honda CR-V
Simboc2004 and monoboard like this post!
Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Tue Aug 08, 2023 4:11 pm
by zippy | 70 Posts

sometimes if there is not enough slack on the power cable feeding into the motor or it snags on the mounting bracket when engaging its enough to pull the spade connector partially off the mover causing it not to work

Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Tue Aug 08, 2023 7:17 pm
by Pepé Le Pew | 2.731 Posts

Quote: eribaMotters wrote in post #2
Coli
E?

Islay and Simboc2004 like this post!
Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Tue Aug 08, 2023 7:37 pm

I bet you are good at cryptic clues and crosswords.

Colin

Forum Moderator. aka Oscar - Audi A3 1.5 petrol - oh dear me, I've gone to the darkish side and bought a Feeling after 4 Tourings
Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Wed Aug 09, 2023 8:17 pm
by monoboard | 357 Posts

Ok folks I’ve sorted it to a point! Ok mover fitted to my caravan by main agent when I purchased it July/August 2019. Now bear in mind what with covid & personal & self employed the only use it has had is one trip for a week on one site in Scotland from Cumbria each year + 3 to 4 bank holiday weekends per year again just in Cumbria where I live. Main agents who I got it off couldn’t look at it for some weeks.
I took the mover block off right off one side & removed cover & clipped the negative lead off the appropriate brush & slid the bush out, nice & clean & spring loaded, tried the positive side and yuk. I’ve cleaned it all up & it works a treat but I will try & get some new bushes fitted & have some spare as there so easy to change & would not want to be stuck in a tricky situation on a site. I’ll try to see if I can manage to attach some pictures
The mover gets some rd spray through a slot (bad design) around the positive brush area.

Doonhamer and Simboc2004 like this post!
Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Wed Aug 09, 2023 8:21 pm
by monoboard | 357 Posts

How do I add pictures?

Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Wed Aug 09, 2023 8:51 pm

Firstly well done on the fix.
As regards pictures, underneath the box you are typing in a a little floppy disc picture and to the right hand side it says "Attach file". Click on this.
You will now see a very pale blue box that says "Choose Files". Click on this and it will take you through to all those pictures you've saved. Once you have made your choice you should be able to click the "Upload" box.
You'll now have a chance to "Insert" the picture and it will go where your cursor was when typing.

Colin

Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Wed Aug 09, 2023 9:15 pm
by monoboard | 357 Posts

I colin
I’m using an iPad

Attached pictures:
No rights to view attachments. Only file names are shown. Register now!
 IMG_0985.jpeg 
 IMG_0987.jpeg 
 IMG_0988.jpeg 
 IMG_0989.jpeg 
 IMG_0993.jpeg 

Last edited Thu Aug 10, 2023 7:20 am | Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Wed Aug 09, 2023 9:52 pm

Oh sorry, I'm afraid i-pads are above my pay grade and level of expertise. It looks like you have it sorted though as the pictures are all up, and as a slide show. I've always wondered how to do that.

Colin

monoboard likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Wed Aug 09, 2023 10:25 pm
by JohnE (deleted)
Wenn Sie hier auf Links zu eBay klicken und einen Kauf tätigen, kann dies dazu führen, dass diese Website eine Provision erhält.

Well done for finding the fault!

Bushes: Werbung: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/203063387752

Might be worthwhile smearing the brush springs with a little grease to hold back corrosion - copper ease will be suitable.

When you remount the motor drive unit you'll need to smear the 14mm M10 mounting bolt threads with thread locker (Loctite's red grade). Torque them to 60Nm.

The following contents have been linked to this post:

monoboard likes this post!
Last edited Wed Aug 09, 2023 10:26 pm | Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Thu Aug 10, 2023 7:13 am
by monoboard | 357 Posts

The picture of the bush was more or less the state it was in after I’d blown some muck out. I then spent quite a while with a stiff brush around tooth brush size gently cleaning it & then something to treat what was left so it looked a little different to picture. I’m waiting for the agents reply after he’d sent the pics to the manufacturer. I’m going to change the brush when I get replacements but wanted to check it had cured the fault. I will then check the other side of the caravan & carry a couple on holiday just in case! Are the eBay ones just the same quality ?

Scroll up

Visitors
2 Members and 84 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12659 topics and 106590 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 2