RE: Water , water everywhere…..

in Anything Eriba-related Thu May 02, 2024 7:01 pm
by Randa france | 12.889 Posts

ME? As if I would.......

ERIBAFOLK POP UP EVERYWHERE 1999 Eriba Troll 530 pushing a VW Touran 2L TDi Match . FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sat May 04, 2024 12:03 pm
by Simboc2004 | 658 Posts

To get back to the original post...

My Triton takes water from an external aqua roll. After supplying the sink, the water pipework drops out from the bathroom through the floor and crosses from one side to the other under the 'van, then back up through the floor to the kitchen sink. I have two inline drain valves coming off tee joins at either side and I open them after my final stay on site and gravity does the trick. This installation came with the 'van, however it works well - though not at all winter proof...

Attached pictures:
No rights to view attachments. Only file names are shown. Register now!
 IMG_2667.JPG 

Poppy, our 2005 Eriba 430GT, leading our Volvo V70 astray...

Last edited Sat May 04, 2024 12:10 pm | Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sat May 04, 2024 9:33 pm
by JohnnyGeorge | 4 Posts

Thanks for that. My triton has two water systems. An on board tank and an external pump to bring water from aquaroll which is what I use. I’m just disappointed that having a new Eriba, then draining the water, that this should happen. Never had this experience with Campervan, so clearly water remains in taps despite draining system and cold weather has more of an impact with an Eriba, or I’m just unlucky. Oh well I’ll try and get it sorted but unlikely as my next trip is on the 13th. Wet wipes on the shopping list! Thanks for all the info and ideas though.

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sun May 05, 2024 9:40 am
by Steamdrivenandy | 1.011 Posts

Generally a caravan doesn't get moved after draining down, so any water left in nooks and crannies etc. stays where it is. Campervans tend to be driven about and that shakes the water out of the system. Whether things freeze and break or not is very much in the lap of the gods. One winter it can go down to Arctic conditions for weeks and there's no damage and another can have one night below zero and taps and boiler are wrecked. A variant of Sod's Law.

I had nothing to do on this hot afternoon
But to settle down and write you a line

Skoda Karoq 1.5 Petrol DSG and a 420. A Bailey Phoenix + 420, with oven, microwave, shower cubicle, solar panel, ATC and external gas point.

Last edited Sun May 05, 2024 9:41 am | Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sun May 05, 2024 9:54 am
by John Cross | 264 Posts

I always open the drain off and vent from the water heater and open the taps before we leave site. I make sure the taps are in the center position. By the time we get home, the system is emptied. I leave the taps in that position over winter.
We have never suffered from frozen pipes or taps in nearly 30 years of caravanning

2005 Troll 540 and 1994 LR Discovery 1 Fred and Diane
Simboc2004 and JohnnyGeorge like this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sun May 05, 2024 5:43 pm
by Ray Lawrence | 668 Posts

Me too John.

2007 Triton 430GT - Seat Ateca 1.4TSI petrol manual
John Cross likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Mon May 06, 2024 10:40 am
by SOULBLUESMAN68 | 1.123 Posts

I think Andy has a point in this sods law....... the year our taps went was the fourth over winter of our Troll. From what I can remember we did everything the same as the previous three winters and I don't recall that this fourth one was any more severe.

It has had a psychological effect on me in two ways. The first is that it brassed me off so much that I have become OCD about getting all the water out and putting temporary insulation of bubble wrap and old towels all over the inside of the van. The second is that I still feel a slight trepidation every spring when I remove all the insulation and fire up the system for the first time.............................sad part of getting older and losing the devil may care attitude of my youth.

Next thing is the annual AutoGlym shampoo and polish..................OCD rules OK

MikeT

Simboc2004 and FINNWOODY like this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Mon May 06, 2024 10:55 am
by eribaMotters | 5.328 Posts

"Next thing is the annual AutoGlym shampoo and polish..................OCD rules OK"

Caravan body or your own?

Colin

Forum Moderator. aka Oscar - Audi A3 1.5 petrol - oh dear me, I've gone to the darkish side and bought a Feeling after 4 Tourings
Simboc2004 and SOULBLUESMAN68 like this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Mon May 06, 2024 9:24 pm
by FINNWOODY | 137 Posts

I think what you say about getting older is true for many "maturing" people Mike,myself included.

SOULBLUESMAN68 likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Tue May 07, 2024 12:16 am
by SOULBLUESMAN68 | 1.123 Posts

Now, now Colin you know that my body is a temple........................as an ancient monument the National Trust or English Heritage would have some kind of regulation against me using AutoGlym on my crumbling edifice

Mike

Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 21 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12540 topics and 105784 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 0