I've just emptied the caravan

in Anything Eriba-related Wed May 01, 2024 11:00 am
by eribaMotters | 5.328 Posts

My Eriba goes into the dealer next Tuesday for it's first Water Ingress test, so needed to be emptied. I think this shows why I keep an A4 sheet of contents and weights.The two large, 64L, boxes nearest are empty.

contents-1600.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

The yellow things are not swimming noodles. They are the protective padding that is fitted around scaffolding poles. They come in 2m lengths and are good for sliding down the side of campervan style awnings to stop rubbing against the paint and hopefully give a better fit.

Colin

Forum Moderator. aka Oscar - Audi A3 1.5 petrol - oh dear me, I've gone to the darkish side and bought a Feeling after 4 Tourings

Simboc2004 likes this post!
Last edited Wed May 01, 2024 11:03 am | Scroll up

RE: I've just emptied the caravan

in Anything Eriba-related Wed May 01, 2024 11:26 am
by Steamdrivenandy | 1.011 Posts

Just emptied ours for its service to Colin but I only had to remove most of the gangway blocking stuff and we'd not yet refilled after the winter. It all fitted into the Karoq's boot, with rear seats removed. Noseweight on 5 mile trip to dealership - 25kg!!

I had nothing to do on this hot afternoon
But to settle down and write you a line

Skoda Karoq 1.5 Petrol DSG and a 420. A Bailey Phoenix + 420, with oven, microwave, shower cubicle, solar panel, ATC and external gas point.

Last edited Wed May 01, 2024 11:27 am | Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Wed May 01, 2024 12:36 pm

With the spare and two gas bottles in the front locker I've got a perfect [for me] 60/65kg.

Colin

Forum Moderator. aka Oscar - Audi A3 1.5 petrol - oh dear me, I've gone to the darkish side and bought a Feeling after 4 Tourings
Simboc2004 likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Thu May 02, 2024 10:52 am
by Randa france | 12.890 Posts

EEK, A MOUSE !

We unwrapped our van a couple of weeks ago but only got round to sorting things out last weekend.

The little critter found its way in somehow and set up home in the high level locker above the cooker where we keep the crockery and glassware, all neatly wrapped up in Granny's embroidered place mats. He also had the benefit of sneeking through a small gap into the empty locker nearest the door where, judging by the number of little shits, he used as an exercise yard. Must have been only one though as there wasn't too much damage apart from some chewed up kitchen roll and one of Granny's place mats. Oddly enough he also helped himself to a huge amount of candle wax.

His modus operandi for entry remains a mystery. No sign of his activities downstairs. We can only think that he climbed up the inside of the Protec cover and entered through the gap between the roof and the poptop where the rubber buffer is a bit short at the back but then how did he get through the poptop canvas which remains intact?

Otherwise, there is a mysterious broken blade on the upper fridge grill which I'm sure wasn't damaged when I washed the van before covering it last October. That blade looks like it's been nibbled away and we can still see the teeth marks on the raw edges. The middle bit is still missing. If that was his entry point I still can't see how he got through into the back of the fridge as there's not a lot of space?

IMG_5214a.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)IMG_5215a.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

No sign of him now. He must have vacated. We have put the cat in to look for him but there's not a trace.

Randa

ERIBAFOLK POP UP EVERYWHERE 1999 Eriba Troll 530 pushing a VW Touran 2L TDi Match . FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Last edited Thu May 02, 2024 6:56 pm | Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Thu May 02, 2024 1:03 pm

What a bummer. Can you leave the cat in there over winter next year?

Colin

scouteralf, John Cross and Simboc2004 like this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Thu May 02, 2024 6:55 pm
by Randa france | 12.890 Posts

More likely to leave me in there than the cat. I know my place
Randa

ERIBAFOLK POP UP EVERYWHERE 1999 Eriba Troll 530 pushing a VW Touran 2L TDi Match . FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
eribaMotters, Steamdrivenandy and Simboc2004 like this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Thu May 02, 2024 8:15 pm
by Steve and Debbie | 1.075 Posts

p02c9b6t.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

Simboc2004 and Randa france like this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Thu May 02, 2024 10:54 pm
by Julie Grafo | 3.465 Posts

Just removed the cover from ours today too. Replaced the mesh triangles, thank you Matts Soft Tops, and the shock cord on the windows, looks so much better. Neil has fitted two new wheel covers, one fell off on the way to the Oxford EOC Meet, Neil blamed my driving 😲. Tomorrow is forecast heavy rain so probably no van fettling but we do need to check the kitchen tap and see if it’s still working and the toilet is still flushing. Sometimes reading this Forum gives me things to worry about 😁

Julie & Neil. 2008 530GT pushing Honda CR-V 1.6 iDTEC SE+
Scroll up

Visitors
1 Member and 24 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12541 topics and 105788 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 1