Taking Eribas on Calmac ferries

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Fri May 03, 2024 1:53 pm
by monoboard | 352 Posts

With Eribas being relatively low slung i just wondered if any one has taken theirs on the Calmac ferries to Mull etc and had any problems grounding out etc on the ramps onto the boats and also on the narrow rds. I know they tend to have passing places but wouldn't fancy reversing my eriba for a mile behind my vito compact back to a passing place when there a caravan or huge motor home coming the other way.

Scroll up

RE: Taking Eribas on Calmac ferries

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Fri May 03, 2024 5:48 pm
by Steamdrivenandy | 1.011 Posts

Most roads have decent sight lines to passing places, so you can see if anyone is coming. You'll be dropping the van at a site, not touring around with it on the back. As to ferries, just take it gentle and if necessary ask the staff to keep an eye.

I had nothing to do on this hot afternoon
But to settle down and write you a line

Skoda Karoq 1.5 Petrol DSG and a 420. A Bailey Phoenix + 420, with oven, microwave, shower cubicle, solar panel, ATC and external gas point.
Scroll up

RE: Taking Eribas on Calmac ferries

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Sat May 04, 2024 1:23 pm
by Old Rocker | 496 Posts

Don't worry about any oncoming vehicle on the single lane roads in Scotland.........
Apart from the logging lorries they don't take prisoners. I lost a wing mirror on a dual lane road near Glen Coe to one and on another ocassion I had to reverse on a very perilous corner with a drop on my side near Loch Fyne..... but don't let that put you off😲

2022 Troll 530, Volvo XC60 2,4 R design

Now all he believes are his eyes, and his eyes they just tell him lies
Steamdrivenandy likes this post!
Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 23 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12541 topics and 105788 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 0