Inflatable awnings

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Sat Jan 16, 2016 5:39 pm
by Taffy (deleted)

I really want one of these. However they are only camper van types to fit the Eriba. I was thinking that I really like the Kampa type and wonder if it really matters if it is taller than the rail as they are airframes it would only travel up from the rail before sloping to shape. What are the thoughts of the more experienced here?
http://www.kampa.co.uk/air-awnings/fiesta-air-pro
Or this model
http://www.kampa.co.uk/air-awnings/rally-air
Also this one I found has a low rail height
http://www.bowenawnings.co.uk/awnings/camptech/motoair.html

Last edited Sat Jan 16, 2016 6:06 pm | Scroll up

RE: Inflatable awnings

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Thu Feb 11, 2016 11:22 am
by Lunarbri (deleted)

Taffy no one has come back to you, only new at this so... I've been looking for the "perfect" air awning for a good few months with no luck so far, however, I do know that "air frame" doesn't mean the same as "tent frame" as on a traditional frame tent type tent or awning. All the ones I've seen need the caravan to act as the rear frame legs and so as the Eriba touring vans have a low awning rail they just don't fit, full stop, amen etc. So what many people have done is go the motorhome route as they are also made for vans such as the VW camper. However, this now means the van and awning are connected with a tunnel so the problems that can occur are all about trying to make the connection tidy and water free.

Lots of ideas on the forum and photos on the gallery to get you started, the Outdoor Revolution Movelite 2 gets a good mention but unfortunately they are not cheap and soon you will begin to question value, I have and cannot justify £600 for a compromise solution when the "real thing" is only another £800 away...Unico Verona!!
My wife says "ha'p'orth of tar to spoil the ship" but my Yorkshire roots are difficult overcome (use the force luke...)

Scroll up

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Thu Feb 11, 2016 12:39 pm
by Journeyers55 (deleted)

Hi we use the vango air awaning on our Trition we had it when we had camper van and finds it fit well . With no issues for us as we us the link part for storage and is easy to ajust if needed.very easy and quick to put up and compact to store .there are some pictures in gallery taken in September
Caz and Paul

1996 Eriba Triton 410 & Misubishi pinin 1.8
Scroll up

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Thu Feb 11, 2016 11:47 pm
by Taffy (deleted)

Thanks for the reply. I have not found an ideal solution despite my searching. However I like you come to the conclusion a Verona would be best so have today purchased a used one. Why spoil a good thing and make do when nothing really suits in the inflatable option.

Scroll up

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Thu Feb 25, 2016 10:39 pm
by Eric (deleted)

Has anybody thought or done a mod to a air awning, what I wanted to do was have a panel made up that fitted into the awning rail simalair to th AL awning this is then zipped onto awing, air tubes would up against the van and space above is filled in with the panel that you have just zipped in so getting rid of that flappy tube, hope this makes sense.😅

Scroll up

Visitors
3 Members and 11 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12576 topics and 106078 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 3