Twin awning instructions

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Wed Mar 23, 2016 8:08 pm
by Jeni (deleted)

Hello,

I brought a second hand Twin awning for my Troll 540 but it came without instructions. Does anyone know where I could get a copy? I've tried lots of Internet searching but no joy so far.

Thanks,

Jeni

Scroll up

RE: Twin awning instructions

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Wed Mar 23, 2016 8:18 pm
by Randa france | 12.960 Posts

Hi Jeni and welcome to Eribafolk.

I take it you mean the AL Twin awning :- http://www.automotiveleisure.co.uk/awnings.html

If so have you tried ringing them (better than Emailing) and asking them if they can send you a copy?

Randa

1999 Eriba Troll 530 pushing a VW Touran 2L TDi Match

Last edited Thu Jul 13, 2017 5:43 pm | Scroll up

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Wed Mar 23, 2016 8:37 pm
by Jeni (deleted)

Thanks for replying. I brought it from automotive leisure and the sales man kindly helped describe how to put it up. Unfortunately I have lost the notes I took, but it did also sound quite complicated and I'd like a set of instructions with diagrams. He said I should search online which suggests he didn't have a copy he could give me.

Scroll up

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Wed Mar 23, 2016 8:48 pm

Oh I see. It's very strange that they don't have a set of instructions for it. Even stranger that they've asked you to search the web for some. I wonder if anyone else on here has the same awning (it's part of their current range). I'm not certain but think it replaced the AL NR awning g8p377-AL-NR-full-awning-Puck.html so I wonder if it's a similar build?

Can you remember, did they say to you that you should build it away from the Eriba and then offer it up? I think that's how the NR was built.

Randa

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Wed Mar 23, 2016 9:44 pm

Right. I think I might have got something here Jeni.

The Twin awning supplied by AL looks as though it's made by Clairval :- http://www.sos-camping-loisirs.com/auven...al-cp94862.html

Now we have a Clairval awning that is at least 15 years old but it looks quite similar. Here's a photo of ours:- g8p20-Clairval-Awning.html and beneath it I've added a set of diagrams and instructions we created a few years ago. Our awning has glass fibre poles.

Hope that helps.

Randa

likes this post!

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Thu Mar 24, 2016 8:19 am
by Islay Corbel (deleted)

Isn't this another example of awful salesmen? They sell something then tell you to go away and get on with it, a bit like the door lock story. Or am I being a grump?

Randa france likes this post!
Scroll up

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Thu Mar 24, 2016 10:27 am
by Jeni (deleted)

Great, that's very helpful thanks. I should be able to work it out from that, I just wanted something to set me off in the right direction!

Scroll up

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Thu Mar 24, 2016 10:45 am

Can't say anything about the new ones, but the Clairval awning we have was made to a very good quality and has served us well over the years. It has been erected and dismantled as many as 20 times a year and it's still easy to erect and is taut (not baggy) and watertight. A bit grubby though

Randa

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Fri Mar 25, 2016 6:59 pm

Bluebell writes in the awning gallery :-g8p20-Clairval-Awning.html

Love these instructions, thank you!
Our awning has come with the van and we had a look at it today. However, we have no type A cleat on the awning rail for some reason. Also, our pole 6 only has a key way fitting at one end.
Any idea where we might get spares?
Thank you : )

Admin. note:- If anyone has a question regarding anything in the Picture Galleries they are best to use the main forum as the comments in the gallery section often go unnoticed.

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Fri Mar 25, 2016 7:01 pm

Hi Bluebell. First question "Is your awning a Clairval Awning" because other make awnings of a similar design have some pole variations?

Randa

Last edited Thu Jul 13, 2017 5:44 pm | Scroll up

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Fri Mar 25, 2016 7:26 pm
by Bluebell (deleted)

Yes, looks exactly the same as yours in the pictures. Even the same colour.

Scroll up

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Fri Mar 25, 2016 7:37 pm

OK. There should be a Clairval label on the bottom front left. You can see it on the photo.

Type A Cleat. Thanks to Mr Le Pew we have discovered it's called "A Footman's Loop" or a "Check Strap Bracket" and he has previously added this link:- http://www.vw-wholesale.com/details.aspx...cat=682&id=2440

We also think that Automotive Leisure stock them.

As for spares for the awning poles, they are Isabella parts which we managed to source here:- http://www.penrosetouring.co.uk/acatalog...lla-Spares.html However, we couldn't find them in cream so had to put up with Khaki Green.

Careful with ordering the key way fittings ( bayonet joints). They come in 2 diameters, 22mm (very bottom of page linked to) and 26mm (mid-way down the page)

Randa

Last edited Thu Jul 13, 2017 5:44 pm | Scroll up

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Fri Mar 25, 2016 7:54 pm
by Bluebell (deleted)

Thank you so much, brilliant help!

Randa france likes this post!
Scroll up

Visitors
2 Members and 16 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12576 topics and 106078 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 2