New gadget sounds interesting

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Sat Nov 30, 2013 12:35 pm
by hampshireman (deleted)

In the current issue of the C&CC magazine there is a full page ad for a gadget to plug in the computer and get TVchannels from all over the world.

For £19.95 the old saying too good to be true rings out but has anyone tried it? We have never bothered with taking our TV abroad with no satellite dish or interest, but this might be the way round catching up on football and other stuff. The fact the company advertising is a few minutes from us is tempting maybe to call in on them, but any feedback from here would be very useful, especially from the IT and techies amongst us.

Scroll up

RE: New gadget sounds interesting

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Sat Nov 30, 2013 1:49 pm
by Randa france | 12.885 Posts

That's almost sounds too good to be true Derek but for only 20 squids you can't go far wrong

The nearest to that we've got is a similarly priced computer dongle and (joking throw away) aerial that allows you to obtain local digital TV both at home and abroad, when used with a (proper) aerial. It worked fine but we decided to invest in a small TV when we were in an analogue only area of the UK.

However this appears to be light years ahead of that if we are both reading it correctly.

Tell you what, why don't you go for it and tell us if it works???

Roger

"http://smileys.emoticonsonly.com/emoticons/w/wales-1627.gif"

Last edited Sat Nov 30, 2013 1:50 pm | Scroll up

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Sat Nov 30, 2013 2:11 pm
by Deeps (deleted)

Yes, please go for it, Derek, and report back. Oh, and please give us a few more details as I'm currently experiencing difficulty in getting C&CC magazines delivered. They keep getting returned undeliverable for some reason or other despite numerous phone calls confirming my address and the correct layout. For goodness sake, you'd think Germany was a third world country or something that nobody had ever heard of.

2013 Triton 430, VW Touran TDI BM
Scroll up

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Sat Nov 30, 2013 2:21 pm

Where was that again Alan? Germany???

I remember when, many years ago I had to fly to Cologne urgently on business, one of our kids broke his heart when he heard where I was going because he didn't want me to bring back any germs.
Randa

Scroll up

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Sat Nov 30, 2013 2:33 pm
by Deeps (deleted)

Quote: Randa france wrote in post #4
he didn't want me to bring back any germs.
Randa

I trust you gave him a clip around the ear.

Scroll up

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Sat Nov 30, 2013 4:06 pm

here you go my 'old submariner. Here's the link for you third worlders...

Scroll up

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Sat Nov 30, 2013 4:51 pm
by Deeps (deleted)

Quote: Randa france wrote in post #6
here you go my 'old submariner. ........Here's the link[/url] for you third worlders...

Hey you, less of the 'old' or I'll...........I'll............I'll............I'll get back to you on that. Seems to be too good to be true that thing. Hard to believe that you can cram in a tuner, amplifier and aerial all in a USB stick and get clear reception. As you said though, for twenty quick you can't really go wrong and if it don't work - reformat it and use it to carry some photos around.

Scroll up

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Sat Nov 30, 2013 10:31 pm
by Sparks | 33 Posts

I think it is too good to be true unfortunately. Take a look at this amazon link here for what appears to be the same product. Effectively the reviewers state that the device just contains links to streaming web services, all of which you could access without the device. So no cramming in all those devices into the stick!
http://yoursmiles.org/msmile/wonder/m1435.gif

Scroll up

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Sun Dec 01, 2013 4:42 pm
by hob (deleted)

It seems to be a gadget that just points users to streaming content on the web rather than a new wonder product,
one has to wonder how many people on a particular campsite need to be using it before the campsite wifi is rendered useless by overuse??

Scroll up

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Wed Dec 04, 2013 11:08 am

Ah useful feeback here and thanks.

On another subject - Is it possible to edit my profile so that when comments on a forum, like this, that I have either started or posted in, sends an email alert? Can't see it anywhere.

Scroll up

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Wed Dec 04, 2013 11:28 am

Morning Derek. Unfortunately, I don't think that's possible At least, If it is, I haven't discovered it yet
presumably, you are aware of and are using the "Latest Posts" short cut in your profile box?
R

Scroll up

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Wed Dec 04, 2013 7:43 pm

Yes thanks, Roger.

By the way is this your site or are you an admin bloke? If not who is and they should sort this out, including the map clunkiness

Scroll up

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Wed Dec 04, 2013 8:02 pm

There's still a few bits and pieces that need sorting out Derek but we've not come across an "Email reply to posts" option. It could well be only available on the most expensive format.
The map gremlin has been with us from the start although I believe that some members have not had any difficulty with it at all while others have either giving it up or have not attempted it
Although this forum was conceived by a few of us, we would prefer to think of it as a member's site. Obviously, two of us have the tools to administer it and a further two are moderators.
Roger

Last edited Wed Dec 04, 2013 8:03 pm | Scroll up

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Thu Dec 05, 2013 8:14 am
by Crow (deleted)

Who are the Moderators Roger? and how do we contact them?

Scroll up

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Thu Dec 05, 2013 9:30 am

By PM.
Administrators: Randafrance, Aaron Calder.
Moderators: Pepe Le Pew, Frantone.

Scroll up

Visitors
3 Members and 35 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12539 topics and 105773 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 3