RE: Any ideas for Santa?

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Mon Dec 16, 2013 9:27 pm
by Steamdrivenandy (deleted)

Talking about bubble wrap, why does my dog hate it if you burst a few bubble wrap bubbles and he's not the only dog that's affected.

Amber a Lunar Quasar 464 Sussex Amberley Sussex Caravans dealer special pushing a '59 reg. Kia Cee'd 3 SW 1.6 CRDi Automatic, a rough towing ratio of 86%.
Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Mon Dec 16, 2013 9:36 pm
by Pepé Le Pew | 2.731 Posts

Quote: Steamdrivenandy wrote in post #31
...why does my dog hate it if you burst a few bubble wrap bubbles and he's not the only dog that's affected.
Your dog hates it that he's not the only dog that's affected?

Your dog is over-thinking. He's got too much time on his paws.

Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Mon Dec 16, 2013 9:37 pm

Well my son is getting a mug that he left behind when he moved out to Shrewsbury, plus several pieces of mail wrapped as a present because he couldn't be rased to redirect his post. Oh yes and the length of iron bar that he brought home from school with a double twist in it, a product of CGT I'm told, not CGI, what was wrong with good ole metalwork? Ah! and the packet of small chocolate eggs I bought him for Easter for which he couldn't be bothered to turn up. Still he's bringing a newly acquired fiance with him, one Miss Charlotte Pudding who I've never met but who Mrs SDA tells me is delightful. Nobody has told her that in SDA Towers by tradition for Christmas Day afters we serve - no I can't say.

Amber a Lunar Quasar 464 Sussex Amberley Sussex Caravans dealer special pushing a '59 reg. Kia Cee'd 3 SW 1.6 CRDi Automatic, a rough towing ratio of 86%.

Last edited Mon Dec 16, 2013 9:38 pm | Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Mon Dec 16, 2013 10:34 pm
by Aaron Calder | 3.797 Posts

Would she be one of the Yorkshire Puddings, Andy?

Forum Administrator
2003 Triton 420 and Audi A4 2.0Tfsi S-line SE Cabriolet
Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Tue Dec 17, 2013 8:47 am
by Crow (deleted)

How about tickets for Stonehenge £15 per adult
and a half mile walk to the stones.

Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Tue Dec 17, 2013 9:22 am

Quote: Crow wrote in post #35
How about tickets for Stonehenge £15 per adult
and a half mile walk to the stones.
You think it's too much?

It costs more to visit the pyramids, or to go up the Empire State Building, and I'll bet you won't find anything else with a comparable cultural and historical significance that costs less than fifteen quid.

And what's wrong with a half-mile walk? It's good for you.

What a cheapskate

Last edited Tue Dec 17, 2013 9:23 am | Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Tue Dec 17, 2013 9:33 am
by Deeps (deleted)

Quote: Steamdrivenandy wrote in post #33
Still he's bringing a newly acquired fiance with him, one Miss Charlotte Pudding........................Nobody has told her that in SDA Towers by tradition for Christmas Day afters we serve - no I can't say.

When you're finally introduced say "Hello Treacle". Said in a Welsh lyrical tone you'll make her feel like a James Bond girl. Just keep well clear when the custard spoon is being handed around.

2013 Triton 430, VW Touran TDI BM
Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Tue Dec 17, 2013 9:46 am
by Randa france | 13.049 Posts

Zitat
and I'll bet you won't find anything else with a comparable cultural and historical significance that costs less than fifteen quid.

What about THIS THEN?
Twice the age and less than half the cost (about the same length of walk though).
The reason I though to include this is because of the story behind it. The land and the large "mound of boulders" was sold to a local quarryman in the 1950's and he proceeded to dig up the pile of stones to sell on as road stone etc before it was realised that it was a significant site of historic interest.
R

"http://smileys.emoticonsonly.com/emoticons/w/wales-1627.gif"
Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Tue Dec 17, 2013 9:54 am

Quote: Randa france wrote in post #38

What about THIS THEN?

That doesn't count. It can't be that historically and culturally significant if nobody knew it was there until 1950

And besides, it's in France.

The only thing of cultural significance in France is a croissant.

Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Tue Dec 17, 2013 10:49 am

Don't menhirs count?

Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Tue Dec 17, 2013 11:35 am
by Crow (deleted)

Don't menhirs count?
Only on their fingers

Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Tue Dec 17, 2013 11:37 am
by Crow (deleted)

A tour of my back garden is cheaper, and they don't have creepers growing over those rotten stones either.

Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Tue Dec 17, 2013 6:14 pm
by Pop540 (deleted)

having just had road kill delivered, well the frozen turkey from the supermarket delivery resembled that.
we were going for a crown but they are more expensive than the whole frozen bird...
we have sawn the thing into parts so there is no wastage
actually fits in freezer better

the tenon / universal joiner saw works quite well through frozen once sterilelised
just washed the excess particles off
the things that we have to do bah heck
santa can I have a new saw for next years turkey

Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Wed Dec 18, 2013 9:39 am
by Unhitched (deleted)

Relieved to hear it is a frozen road kill or you could end up it in the same state by the 26th having consumed a very off road kill!! We 're having to collect ours this year as could only get an Online delivery ( wonderful operation normally as who wants to spend time normally in a supermarket after a day of work!) up to the 22nd which is a day too early for a fresh Turkey. Anyway I don't want any surprises of what either is out of stock or being given their alternative rather than mine thank you very much! In order to make the collection more bearable we are Click and Collect between 9-10.30 pm on the 23rd and will do the rest of the shopping then too after a steak pub meal so shouldn't be too hungry when shopping! I bet we won't be alone at that time but at least it will only be adult shoppers!

Lee, ' Hitched' to Sarah....and in search of an Eriba to also be hitched to...
Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Wed Dec 18, 2013 10:19 am
by Deeps (deleted)

Oh I envy you lot with your Christmas Turkey - frozen or not. Our Christmas dinner, plus Boxing Days dinner was delivered earlier this morning although it looks as though we might be sharing it.

2013 Triton 430, VW Touran TDI BM
Scroll up

Visitors
5 Members and 51 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12660 topics and 106601 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 5