RE: Everybody ready?

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Wed Dec 25, 2013 8:43 am
by Randa france | 13.048 Posts

Twas the night before Christmas, when all through the house
Not a creature was stirring, not even a mouse;

The three “unattached” members of our family and a lady friend had descended upon us from various parts and after much hilarity and plenty of roast beef and Budweiser they had found a quiet corner of the house to text their mates.
Bliss. With the lounge to ourselves, what else was there to do but “lounge” and watch “The Greatest Ever Christmas Movies” on the TV. What a disappointment; they where the same as last year.
Shortly after midnight, very weary and a little drunk, to bed after checking that all was peaceful, presuming that our visiting children had fallen asleep on their beds after a long day.
No sooner had we got our heads down when, crash, bang, voices, music, TV!! Arggg. Why is it that children, no matter how old, live in a different time zone to their parents and why did we ever encourage them to become musicians and artists? Couldn’t they have become something less noisy like accountants?

Christmas Day and Round Two !! We now have to try and dig them out of bed for the traditional Christmas Breakfast.

Hope you’re all having a good time and that the weather hasn’t affected your celebrations. We’ve had all sorts; heavy wind and rain, sleet and then, believe it or not, a massive thunder storm. This morning we’ve woken to and inch of settled snow.
Roger and Amanda

1999 Eriba Troll 530 pushing a VW Touran 2L TDi Match

Last edited Wed Dec 25, 2013 8:50 am | Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Wed Dec 25, 2013 10:05 am
by Deeps (deleted)

Quote: Randa france wrote in post #16
This morning we’ve woken to and inch of settled snow.

You must be getting our entitlement then, Roger, as we've had very little when compared to previous years.

Well, for us that's it. The traditional meal was had last night (Xmas Eve) in common with several other European countries and it has to be said that Mrs Deeps did herself proud with the way she was able to turn a couple of Pigeon legs into a banquet. With us both being on medication, drinks were restricted to one glass of Merlot so woke up this morning bright and breezy - unlike previous years. However, we have a wedding anniversary coming up on the 28th December and will be celebrating in a restaurant. Already I am beginning to dribble at the thought of the beautiful steak to come. As in previous years, my socks and underwear draws have been replenished and I often wonder what Mrs Deeps reaction would be were I to buy here a new ironing board cover.

Whilst you lot in the UK will be tucking into your Turkey we've been invited to our neighbours for a few glasses of water; tea at a push, because they don't touch alcohol and some home made nibbles. No doubt Hans at this time will show me his collection of socks and underwear and we'll be able to judge who has the most fashionable line. Boxing day is a nothing day over here, no shops open, no people fighting over one another at the sales so no doubt we'll probably go for a long hike in an effort to shed a few kilos both to ensure we don't overload the Triton come the Spring and so that I don't look entirely ridiculous in my newly acquired Speedo's. If I can get back to looking something like I did last year then I'll be well satisfied.
P4103393-201x300.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

2013 Triton 430, VW Touran TDI BM

Last edited Wed Dec 25, 2013 10:06 am | Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Wed Dec 25, 2013 12:22 pm
by Randa france | 13.048 Posts

Very impressive 'old mate and we can see where you keep your socks...

1999 Eriba Troll 530 pushing a VW Touran 2L TDi Match
Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Wed Dec 25, 2013 12:39 pm
by Eribanut | 2.026 Posts

Sermo datur cunctis; animi sapientia paucis
Tempus fugit; carpe diem
Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 94 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12659 topics and 106590 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 0