Table

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Sun Dec 29, 2013 7:31 pm
by hob (deleted)

Do you sometimes think your table is too big ? maybe have problems getting into the seating with a table designed for seating 4?
08b.JPG - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

In a Puck it can be a real problem, so much wasted space for a couple or in my case a single traveller.................so the solution was to build a custom table, the strip that attaches it to the wall is readily available on line and the rest is up to you.................in my case as a lone traveller an L shaped table was the way to go, so having access to a workshop I elected to make my own

Made from tongue and groove board and a brass door hook something like this

P1290600.JPG - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)P1290606.JPG - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)P1290612.JPG - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)P1290613.JPG - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

08a.JPG - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

If you don't have access to a workshop all is not lost, many DIY stores sell separate kitchen cupboard doors in all sorts of sizes which can be used to make smaller tables and some on line shops sell separate caravan table legs so all the parts are available

As long as the essentials will fit it is big enough

P1290965.JPG - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

Don't be hasty getting rid of the old table as all Eriba have a rail on the outside next to the door where you can put a table outside either in the open or in a sun canopy or an awning, great for cooking on if you don't want the smell inside or somewhere to rest your beer while sunning yourself

P1290960.JPG - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

Time flies like an arrow...................fruit flies like a banana
and Angie and Steve like this post!
Scroll up

RE: Table

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Sun Dec 29, 2013 11:32 pm
by Randa france | 13.048 Posts

Nice arrangement Nev. I do like your "positive" approach to the essentials

Do you think that perhaps without knowing it, you've created the Puck equivalent to the Troll 555 with the kidney shaped "Cabaret" seating arrangement? Perhaps your design should be called the Puck 155?

Randa

1999 Eriba Troll 530 pushing a VW Touran 2L TDi Match

Last edited Thu Jan 22, 2015 6:41 pm | Scroll up

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Mon Dec 30, 2013 8:53 am
by Crow (deleted)

It is nice to see some craftsmanship and flair, nicely done Neville.

Scroll up

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Mon Dec 30, 2013 9:37 am
by Steamdrivenandy (deleted)

As some probably know the big freestanding table on our last 540 had been butchered. For those who aren't aware it had had 4 inches sawn off one end (including the lovely curved wooden edging). This exposed the hollow core of the table at that end and the modifier had fitted one of those strips that allows the table to fit to a wall. They'd also removed and lost the two pairs of metal folding legs and substituted a single folding leg.

So from having a nice big table that could fit anywhere in the van, the awning, the garden or even the house we had a table that could only fit in one place in the awning hitched to the side of the van.

To make matters worse because the table had been shortened it was no longer held firmly in its cradle under the o/s bench and was able to slide about. In sliding the nice curved wooden table edge rubbed up against the back of the exterior locker door handle mechanism which gouged a deep raw hole about 3ins long in the edging. Added to that the laminate surface had split badly when the 4ins was removed so it had unsightly jagged scars on it plus a number of dents/holes over the surface.

It was a disaster. A good, solid piece of German design reduced to a tatty travesty.

To add insult to injury Hymer wanted nearly £700 to supply a replacement.

I did look at having a replacement made with a similar shaped piece of timber and cheaper folding legs, but the weight penalty of using solid timber made it impractical.

It didn't spoil our enjoyment of the van as it had the pull-out table top on the central cabinet and the single dinette table up front, plus we had a big, lightweight folding freestanding table left over from motorhome days to use in the awning.

But it still always hurt whenever I looked at the mess that poor table had been reduced to.

In the end we didn't have the heart to include it with the van when we sold and the new owners were happy with what was already in the van. So after she'd gone the table went on a one way trip to the dump.

Amber a Lunar Quasar 464 Sussex Amberley Sussex Caravans dealer special pushing a '59 reg. Kia Cee'd 3 SW 1.6 CRDi Automatic, a rough towing ratio of 86%.
Scroll up

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Tue Dec 31, 2013 5:43 pm
by Poptop320 | 2.618 Posts

My little Puck had an odd table that the previous owner had cobbled together, it was only about 2' long. I made my own out of some mdf and a table leg from Kamper vans. I think the Eriba table is the first thing to go missing when you are buying second hand, they are such a large item for a very small van and tend to either get left out or modified.

Picture of the table I made.
g30p380-Puck-seats.html

I like to pop my top when I go on holiday

Last edited Tue Dec 31, 2013 5:44 pm | Scroll up

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Tue Dec 31, 2013 5:53 pm
by Eribafolk Admin. (deleted)

Wow, that's a very good job and that Puck interior is superb. Although the photos are in the gallery we must admit that we'd not noticed them before.

Scroll up

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Tue Dec 31, 2013 6:50 pm
by Poptop320 | 2.618 Posts

I loved that little Puck, we moved on with a Familia which also has a big table and that is how it's going to stay. We use a AL/NR porch awning and put the table outside. We then leave the bed made up.

I like to pop my top when I go on holiday
Scroll up

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Wed Mar 05, 2014 4:05 pm
by hob (deleted)

I put the table I made for the Puck in the back of the Triton today to see how it looks, the Triton is so much bigger and the table looks way too small in there .............still it will do in the awning.

P1300684.JPG - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

Vauxhall Insignia Sri towing 2006 Triton 430 import
Scroll up

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Wed Mar 05, 2014 8:36 pm
by Julie Grafo | 3.473 Posts

Crikey it looks like a bit dropped off and yet it looked so right in the Puck. Is the Triton that much bigger?

Puck L 225 GT pushing Fiat Multipla 1.9 Jtd
Scroll up

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Wed Mar 05, 2014 8:53 pm
by hob (deleted)

I think its because the puck is about a foot narrower and the triton back cushion is a bit wider so it fills the gap better in the puck?

Scroll up

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Fri Jul 11, 2014 9:07 pm
by Stuart+Aileen (deleted)

Hould you have a "link" for where I could purchase the aluminium strip which connects the table to the wall ?

Scroll up

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Fri Jul 11, 2014 9:15 pm
by hob (deleted)

Quote: Stuart+Aileen wrote in post #11
Hould you have a "link" for where I could purchase the aluminium strip which connects the table to the wall ?

Have a look here

table strip

Scroll up

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Mon Oct 24, 2016 11:01 pm
by hob (deleted)

Well it's that time of year again, the time of year when I start to meddle with things

A couple of years ago at a rally Randa showed me a really neat trick where the table rail goes right across the front of a 430 Triton and the table leg "kneels" to make up the bed and is also the same height to fit in the corner with the seat cushions removed, so I adapted this with the table I made for the puck to accommodate my laptop and the tv,

P1320116.JPG - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

Not too happy in the meantime with the gap caused by the cut out in the puck table the plan is to make one to hold the tv and re-instate the original dinette table into its original space.

Meanwhile I used to take the big table with me but now I leave the bed made up I use a small folding table instead.

Small folding table
P1030382.JPG - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

As you can see a bit cumbersome for cooking outside so another new table planned same width as the big one (around 600mm or 2 foot ) but about 500 mm or 20 inches shorter as shown by the red line

P1320538.JPG - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

This should fit in the car whereas the big one does not.

I found a local (ish) place that sells just kitchen doors, and the sort I wanted were "old stock" and as such were going cheap so I was able to order 2 for a little under £28.00 I took the table rail off the puck table and the leg off the big table, meanwhile I'm making a new leg for the inside table and waiting for a new rail for the other from the link in my above post.

Bits I've made so far

P1040076.JPG - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

Parts of the new leg, timber braces for the undersides (not sure they are needed but will add strength)

Braces are made from old bits of wood I already had not because of cost but because it saves buying new when I have used stuff already (I hate waste and they would only go to the tip)

So waiting delivery of 2 doors and a table rail to complete the project

I already bought 2 new tables this year for the bears and to use one with the solo stove ...................so that will be 4 new tables for next season

P1030670.JPG - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

Forum moderator
Vauxhall Insignia Sri 1.8 petrol 2015 towing 2006 Triton 430 import
Poptop320 and Ribski like this post!
Scroll up

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Tue Oct 25, 2016 8:38 pm
by Angie and Steve | 165 Posts

Very nice work indeed Hob on the cutaway table, and good to see the 'old' one still being put to good use!

Steve and Angie.

Last edited Tue Oct 25, 2016 8:51 pm | Scroll up

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Tue Oct 25, 2016 9:41 pm
by Julie Grafo | 3.473 Posts

Good to see that Gladly and Madge have a table for their picnic.

Triton 420GT pushing Honda CRV SE 1.6 i-DTEC
Eribanut and Ribski like this post!
Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 73 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12659 topics and 106590 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 0