Interesting???

in Got an Eriba or anything Eriba-related to sell? Looking for a caravan, parts or accessories? Put your adverts here Fri Jan 03, 2014 11:59 am
by Eribafolk Admin. (deleted)

I noticed 2 Eribas advertised on Preloved today:-
http://www.preloved.co.uk/adverts/list?i...eriba&x=44&y=10
The first one appears to be a Troll 550 but I didn't realise that the "swivel toilet" was around back then. Is it because the washroom is in the front corner and therefore might have a headroom issue?
The 320GT (Wendy) is a bit strange as the seller reckons that "Wendy" doesn't have a fixed loo although it's advertised as a 320 and the photos show a front kitchen with full length door to the left side? Hmmm,

Scroll up

RE: Interesting???

in Got an Eriba or anything Eriba-related to sell? Looking for a caravan, parts or accessories? Put your adverts here Fri Jan 03, 2014 12:51 pm
by Steamdrivenandy (deleted)

A 550 right enough, but a very early one. The 550's washroom is right amidships, roughly where the wardrobe is on a 540/530. For some reason (probably wheelarch intrusion) they had to turn the washroom round with the Thetty at the rear and the basin etc towards the front. I think the early 550's must have had a totally different set of the then current plastic cabinetry as I don't think the standard washroom had doors in the side panels. Presumably that's why they fitted a Thetty C200 swivel because a bench version would get in the way of the rear cabinet door. Anyway shortly thereafter the 550 furniture was made to look like the standard washroom, just reversed, including the bench loo.

The 320 looks odd as you say.

If you look carefully you can see that the three quarter panel with the mirror on is a cabinet door (it has a doorknob of some sort) and looks rather like the standard Eriba wardrobe door, but with no Truma heater underneath. Inside that area on a 'normal' 320 would be the bench Thetford. But then there's a full height door, again with a doorknob. If that's a wardrobe too then that little Familia is really oversupplied with storage. It's a shame there aren't more pictures.

I suppose the question is, can it be a 320 without a washroom or is it some other model number, the plate should reveal all.

Amber a Lunar Quasar 464 Sussex Amberley Sussex Caravans dealer special pushing a '59 reg. Kia Cee'd 3 SW 1.6 CRDi Automatic, a rough towing ratio of 86%.

Last edited Fri Jan 03, 2014 12:53 pm | Scroll up

Visitors
4 Members and 36 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12660 topics and 106593 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 4