Towels, and where to put them.

in Anything Eriba-related Sun Jan 26, 2014 8:59 pm
by Pepé Le Pew | 2.731 Posts

Mrs Le Pew read part of a Caravan Club magazine yesteday, and for the very first time. She didn't read all of it - there are only so many photographs of Sir Granville Grenville you can bear, and if you don't need glucosamine there isn't an awful lot else - but her remaining eye was drawn to a snippet in the Troll 540 review contained in the latest issue.

More particularly, the snippet which mentioned the towel rail on the back of the washroom door. It might have mentioned more than one rail, but I lit the fire with pages 68-84 this afternoon, so I can't check.

Anyway, that's by the by.

She thought a towel rail in that particular location may well be a project which might usefully occupy a couple of hours of her feckless husband's time.

To that end, I wondered whether any of you chaps who have a recent model similarly equipped could possibly take a picture of it - or them - so that I can see what the rail - or rails - look like.

I have looked quite hard on Google, but unsurprisingly there are next to no pictures of the back of a recent model's washroom door.

If I do put one on, or at least think about putting one on, I'd like to know what kind of affair is fitted at ze factory and how it attaches.

Thanks.

Pete

Last edited Sun Jan 26, 2014 9:22 pm | Scroll up

RE: Towels, and where to put them.

in Anything Eriba-related Sun Jan 26, 2014 9:36 pm
by Steamdrivenandy (deleted)

I think they were fitted once the panelled door was abandoned. The 'plain' door interior allowed space for rails to be fitted, whereas the panel doesn't. If I recall the washroom was made 4ins wider at the same time, which made extra room for towels etc.

Amber a Lunar Quasar 464 Sussex Amberley Sussex Caravans dealer special pushing a '59 reg. Kia Cee'd 3 SW 1.6 CRDi Automatic, a rough towing ratio of 86%.
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sun Jan 26, 2014 9:40 pm

Quote: Steamdrivenandy wrote in post #2
I think they were fitted once the panelled door was abandoned. The 'plain' door interior allowed space for rails to be fitted, whereas the panel doesn't. If I recall the washroom was made 4ins wider at the same time, which made extra room for towels etc.
We have a plain door, post panelled door-abandonment, but sadly it has no rails.

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sun Jan 26, 2014 10:44 pm
by Frantone (deleted)

image.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)The towel hangers take advantage of the curved door back. I'll take a pic for you tomorrow.
TonyP

Stercus accidit!

Last edited Sun Jan 26, 2014 10:52 pm | Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sun Jan 26, 2014 10:49 pm

Thanks, Tony.

I really appreciate it.

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sun Jan 26, 2014 10:53 pm
by Frantone (deleted)

image.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)Can you see it?

Stercus accidit!

Last edited Sun Jan 26, 2014 10:53 pm | Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sun Jan 26, 2014 11:03 pm

Quote: Frantone wrote in post #6
Can you see it?
Indeed I can.

I wasn't expecting that, mainly because I didn't know there were two vertical rails down the back of the door.

A little lateral thought required, I reckon.

Or possibly one or two of those rubber towel holders that look like a cat's arse.

Last edited Sun Jan 26, 2014 11:03 pm | Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sun Jan 26, 2014 11:05 pm
by Aaron Calder | 3.797 Posts

Oh heck!

I do hope this isn't going to turn into a re-run of the infamous flap-thingy saga and him boasting that his towel rail is better than everyone else's.

With luck he won't get it done before July so we won't have to put up with his insufferable bragging.

Forum Administrator
2003 Triton 420 and Audi A4 2.0Tfsi S-line SE Cabriolet
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sun Jan 26, 2014 11:09 pm
by Frantone (deleted)

It shouldn't take him that long to source a couple of road kill cats for the prototype!

I'm sure we can trust Monsieur le Pew to put his finger in/on it!

Stercus accidit!

Last edited Sun Jan 26, 2014 11:13 pm | Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sun Jan 26, 2014 11:18 pm

Quote: Aaron Calder wrote in post #8
Oh heck! I do hope this isn't going to turn into a re-run of the infamous flap-thingy saga...
Nope...

P1010124 (Large).JPG - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)P1010128 (Large).JPG - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)P1010132 (Large).JPG - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Mon Jan 27, 2014 1:25 am
by crow (deleted)

That looks a good project young Pete, I will mull it over.

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Mon Jan 27, 2014 7:29 am
by Steamdrivenandy (deleted)

Rather than the door, our Esmerelda had a couple of hooks fitted to the right of the doorway (left if looking from the inside. There's lots of room there and plenty of clearance for anyone 'sitting down' at the Thetty.
Mind Esme had surfeit of the grey plastic covered Eriba pattern double hooks with several doubled up. Six or seven pairs distributed round the van. Nobody has that many coats/dog leads/bunches of keys/plastic bag holders.

Amber a Lunar Quasar 464 Sussex Amberley Sussex Caravans dealer special pushing a '59 reg. Kia Cee'd 3 SW 1.6 CRDi Automatic, a rough towing ratio of 86%.
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Mon Jan 27, 2014 1:54 pm
by Pop540 (deleted)

our door has a rail with hooks at top of door, there is also a rail between mirror and cupboard, I had assumed it was standard issue..
there is another row of hooks under top cupboard in small room. but dependant on wc use and towel length perhaps not a good idea.. Otherwise the bath towels and clean hand towel are rolled x stored in the shoe store hang thing in wardrobe..

Eriba troll 540 likes constant hugs, and buffs and the odd cuppa.

Scroll up

Visitors
4 Members and 86 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12660 topics and 106594 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 4