RE: Isabella shadow

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Tue Jan 28, 2014 11:15 am
by tjp (deleted)

Yes indeed, he's from Maastricht, the capital of Limburg!

Scroll up

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Tue Jan 28, 2014 11:24 am
by Steamdrivenandy (deleted)

Who?

Amber a Lunar Quasar 464 Sussex Amberley Sussex Caravans dealer special pushing a '59 reg. Kia Cee'd 3 SW 1.6 CRDi Automatic, a rough towing ratio of 86%.
Scroll up

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Tue Jan 28, 2014 11:30 am
by Randa france | 13.048 Posts

Quote: tjp wrote in post #16
Yes indeed, he's from Maastricht, the capital of Limburg!

Zitat
SDA Who?

Andre Rieu.

He was performing there when we visited Maastricht in 2012. They were building a set in the local square for his open air concert. Beautiful City with the Town Hall musical bells constantly competing with one of the local churches.

It has the most fabulous book shop contained within the fabric of a Medieval Church.
IMG_3957.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

Randa (apologies for going a little off topic )

1999 Eriba Troll 530 pushing a VW Touran 2L TDi Match

Last edited Tue Jan 28, 2014 11:35 am | Scroll up

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Tue Jan 28, 2014 6:21 pm
by Poptop320 | 2.618 Posts

That's a cheap alternative Charlie

I like to pop my top when I go on holiday
Scroll up

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Tue Jan 28, 2014 6:27 pm

That was good service Rods, the front net is expensive at £95

I like to pop my top when I go on holiday
Scroll up

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Sat Mar 29, 2014 9:20 am
by crow (deleted)

When you look at it you get 3 extra poles, couplings etc. it is very good value.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V03Vl145GOU

Scroll up

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Fri May 29, 2015 10:32 pm
by PhilipM | 208 Posts

Hello,

We were thinking of one of these for our 310. After using them for a while are you both still happy? I guess the 240 size is a perfect fit for the 310. We don't want a full awning at the moment and this seems a speedy and simple alternative for first timers like us. Lighter and simpler than a bag awning.

The two CC sites we have been on at the moment are gravel hard standing pitches. Would I need to buy some tougher pegs to go with it? Also, are any additional guide ropes needed or are the two supplied sufficient?

Thanks.

Eriba Familia 310 owner.
Scroll up

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Sat May 30, 2015 10:01 am
by Deeps (deleted)

Yup, very pleased with ours and if you buy the front net then extra ropes/pegs come with it. We have never found the need for extra ropes although we use our standard metal pegs that are thin enough to go through the holes in the foot of the poles as opposed to the plastic ones supplied.

2013 Triton 430, VW Touran TDI BM
Scroll up

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Sat May 30, 2015 10:57 am
by Ribski | 1.467 Posts

I'd recommend metal "Rock Pegs" for gravel hard stand use - in fact I find them essential in these circumstances - but as mentioned make sure they aren't too large a diameter to fit through any eyelets you need to use !

Scroll up

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Sat May 30, 2015 1:08 pm

Quote: PhilipM wrote in post #22
Hello,

We were thinking of one of these for our 310. After using them for a while are you both still happy? I guess the 240 size is a perfect fit for the 310. We don't want a full awning at the moment and this seems a speedy and simple alternative for first timers like us. Lighter and simpler than a bag awning.
The two CC sites we have been on at the moment are gravel hard standing pitches. Would I need to buy some tougher pegs to go with it? Also, are any additional guide ropes needed or are the two supplied sufficient?
Thanks.

We are very pleased with the Isabella shadow, we use it on short breaks when we dont need an awning as It takes only minutes to put up and down.
You will need rock pegs on hardstanding as suggested, however I use the angled ribbed pegs for extra strength in case I get caught out with strong winds. At night time we take it down so we don't have to worry about it, we also leave the pegs insitu and put it back up in the morning. It sounds like a bit of a bind but it is really easy to put up and take down. As you can see from the picture there is a middle guy rope which helps to stabilise and also create a run off for water. The 240 is perfect for the Familia, the other sizes will be too big,

Edit.. my Isabella 240 came with three guy ropes, if yours doesn't the one in the middle makes a big difference to shoot any water off.
Isabella Shadow Familia 320.JPG - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

When I go on holiday I like to pop my top!

likes this post!
Last edited Sat May 30, 2015 7:10 pm | Scroll up

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Sat May 30, 2015 2:13 pm
by Deeps (deleted)

Forgot to mention this last time around, but I would strongly recommend ordering/purchasing at the same time 2 of these clips which come in pairs anyway. Essentially the shank of the bolt and it's retainer slip onto the awning rail and you slide the clip along until the forks are top and bottom over the awning and when in position, tighten down on the head. Repeat this on both sides.
The Shadow is so light that if the wind is in the wrong direction it can slide a bit along the awning rail whilst these very small clips hold it in place.

Attached pictures:
No rights to view attachments. Only file names are shown. Register now!
 Safelock Awning Safety Device.jpg 

Poptop320 likes this post!
Scroll up

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Sat May 30, 2015 9:36 pm
by PhilipM | 208 Posts

Thanks for all the help - much appreciated. I will order one next week. Do the angled ribbed pegs have a special name and also the clips? (Or could you please provide a link).

Eriba Familia 310 owner.
Scroll up

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Sat May 30, 2015 10:10 pm
by Deeps (deleted)

Hi Philip. No good me giving you a link to the clips as I am located in Germany but if you Google Isabella Safe Lock you'll find several outlets. The place you buy the Shadow from shall no doubt have them anyway.

Scroll up

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Sat May 30, 2015 10:22 pm
Wenn Sie hier auf Links zu eBay klicken und einen Kauf tätigen, kann dies dazu führen, dass diese Website eine Provision erhält.

Quote: PhilipM wrote in post #27
Thanks for all the help - much appreciated. I will order one next week. Do the angled ribbed pegs have a special name and also the clips? (Or could you please provide a link).

Here is a link to ribbed awning pegs

Werbung: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/RIBBED-ANGLED-...=item4ab6109393

The following contents have been linked to this post:

When I go on holiday I like to pop my top!
Scroll up

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Sat May 30, 2015 10:49 pm
by PhilipM | 208 Posts

Ordered the awning pegs and found the Safe Lock. Thanks to you both.

Eriba Familia 310 owner.
Scroll up

Visitors
2 Members and 86 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12659 topics and 106590 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 2