RE: Time to make a purchase!

in Anything Eriba-related Tue Feb 04, 2014 9:27 am
by Steamdrivenandy (deleted)

I see it's back again this morning and has garnered 8 bids already.

It's also suddenly added some information and pictures of damage to the roof which has supposedly been repaired. I wonder by whom? It's also now become a Troll 550/540 which would indeed be a wonder to see considering they're totally different layouts inside and have some windows in different positions.

It's funny how you suddenly remember about major roof damage and forget to put it in your first advert!

Is this the van damaged by a falling tree and shown in pics on here, or linked via here soon after EF started?

Amber a Lunar Quasar 464 Sussex Amberley Sussex Caravans dealer special pushing a '59 reg. Kia Cee'd 3 SW 1.6 CRDi Automatic, a rough towing ratio of 86%.
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Tue Feb 04, 2014 11:36 pm
by Julie Grafo | 3.473 Posts

Yes according to the previous owner (on TEF today) it was his van that was damaged by a falling tree.

Puck L 225 GT pushing Fiat Multipla 1.9 Jtd
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Feb 05, 2014 8:20 am
Wenn Sie hier auf Links zu eBay klicken und einen Kauf tätigen, kann dies dazu führen, dass diese Website eine Provision erhält.

I sent a query to the seller on EBay. He reckons that both the 'vin' plate and the 'lobook' say that it's a 550GT/E. I sent him a link to a layout diagram of a 550 and he agrees his is a 540. I wonder if the original owner can clarify?

Amber a Lunar Quasar 464 Sussex Amberley Sussex Caravans dealer special pushing a '59 reg. Kia Cee'd 3 SW 1.6 CRDi Automatic, a rough towing ratio of 86%.
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Feb 05, 2014 9:11 am
by Randa france | 13.048 Posts
Wenn Sie hier auf Links zu eBay klicken und einen Kauf tätigen, kann dies dazu führen, dass diese Website eine Provision erhält.

Quote: Steamdrivenandy wrote in post #18
I sent a query to the seller on EBay. He reckons that both the 'vin' plate and the 'lobook' say that it's a 550GT/E. I sent him a link to a layout diagram of a 550 and he agrees his is a 540. I wonder if the original owner can clarify?

Didn't realise these so called 550's were so posh that they also come with a book to read on the loo...

Evidently, this model mix up is not an isolated case.

During a recent Email conversation with Jean of Jandi, she informed me that twice recently she had found Troll 530's listed as 510's and interestingly, they were all made in France for the Dutch market.

She also went on to say that she'd come across a couple of 550's documented as 510's.

It would seem that Hymer-France's documentation wasn't always an exact science.

Randa

1999 Eriba Troll 530 pushing a VW Touran 2L TDi Match

Last edited Wed Feb 05, 2014 9:23 am | Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Feb 05, 2014 9:18 am

Now you mention it I remember Jean being quite scathing about the record keeping at Hymer France on a couple of occasions when I phoned.

Lucky you haven't got a 510 cos you'd not have a loo to sit on.

Last edited Wed Feb 05, 2014 9:21 am | Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Feb 05, 2014 9:22 am
by ellen (deleted)

Oh heck, does this mean that Doo-Dah born in France could actually be female rather than the boy we think he is?. Thinking about it he does have a very feminine side to him.

Proud owners of Doo-Dah our Familia 310
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Feb 05, 2014 9:24 am
by Randa france | 13.048 Posts

Is it the way he waggles ?

1999 Eriba Troll 530 pushing a VW Touran 2L TDi Match
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Feb 05, 2014 11:48 am
by ellen (deleted)

Proud owners of Doo-Dah our Familia 310
Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 87 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12659 topics and 106590 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 0