No lover of Fiona Bruce

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Mon Feb 03, 2014 4:40 pm
by hampshireman (deleted)

I'm not and she has wheedled her way into a larger role in Antiques Roadshow and now sharing top job in Fake or Fortune. She is so stilted and starstruck and that programme could do with more about the artwork and it's detail than her and that other bloke, who at least - I think, knows more about it then her. Fiona also acts the news and doesn't read it.
And on the Beeb, why do they have so many repeats within the programmes like Bargain Hunt etc and in Countryfile why can't they carry on with the subject of the time and complete it rather than go back to it, as in "later in the programme".
Grrrrrr - grumpy old git online here.

Scroll up

RE: No lover of Fiona Bruce

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Mon Feb 03, 2014 4:54 pm
by Steamdrivenandy (deleted)

Ms B doesn't affect me one way or the other, can't see anything to get upset about.

As for the BBC jumping about and back within programmes, that's been going on for ages. Go back decades to Gardeners World and it was all chopped up into tiny segments with horrible repetitive little bits of ID film in between. Top Gear have been doing the same for years and years too. The lack of depth and length of items is because TV producers perceive their audience as having a short attention span. Personally it annoys me intensely and is one reason I rarely watch TV.

Amber a Lunar Quasar 464 Sussex Amberley Sussex Caravans dealer special pushing a '59 reg. Kia Cee'd 3 SW 1.6 CRDi Automatic, a rough towing ratio of 86%.
Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Mon Feb 03, 2014 5:07 pm
by Piccolo (deleted)

She's beautiful, intelligent and well educated. What more d'you want?

Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Mon Feb 03, 2014 5:24 pm
by Randa france | 13.049 Posts

Bet the bloke on last night's Fake or Fortune would agree with Derek when the unauthenticated Chagall he shelled out £100, 000 on is to be destroyed under French law since Ms Bruce and side kick sent it for authentication.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-26000331

R

1999 Eriba Troll 530 pushing a VW Touran 2L TDi Match

Last edited Mon Feb 03, 2014 7:55 pm | Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Mon Feb 03, 2014 7:04 pm
by KeithF (deleted)

OUTCH

Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Mon Feb 03, 2014 10:24 pm
by Piccolo (deleted)

I quite agree. I think the 'expert' wants his bumps reading. However, I think that's his fault rather than Ms Bruce's. I don't think she claims to be an expert at Art. She is just a rather personable BBC employee, really.

Scroll up

Visitors
1 Member and 86 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12660 topics and 106594 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 1