RE: what do you think?

in Anything Eriba-related Tue Feb 11, 2014 2:23 pm
by Deeps (deleted)

Quote: Agger wrote in post #14
Not in mine you wouldn't

Oh, and I forgot to add that following my 4 days use they are then passed on to the wife - so in reality, 8 days use.

2013 Triton 430, VW Touran TDI BM
мы прибываем невидимые - we arrive invisible

Last edited Tue Feb 11, 2014 2:23 pm | Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Tue Feb 11, 2014 2:32 pm
by Agger (deleted)

Pmsl I'd wrap them after that and give them to my son in law for xmas

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Tue Feb 11, 2014 3:46 pm
by Deeps (deleted)

I get the impression that you think I'm joking, Graham. Let me tell you that's nothing compared to what it was like in diesel submarines. There we did what is termed as 'hot bunking' - i.e. the bunk never got cold because as soon as your shift finished your oppo took over and you jumped into the bunk that he'd just vacated - a never ending cycle LOL. Dress code was a T-shirt and any old pair of trousers/shorts that took your fancy. Once the cruise was over these simply got ditched to be replaced by some other old odds and ends. Washing.........not on your nelly. Water was rationed for cooking, making the tea and brushing ones teeth. I happened to be on top of the fin (conning tower) once when we came alongside a submarine support ship and opened the hatches. You could visibly see a foggy stench pour out of the boat causing a handful of support ship crew who were leaning over the side of the ship to back away in horror.
I'll leave you to imagine the reaction it caused whenever we went on leave using the train. Diesel impregnated skin and best uniform did not go down too well - until people noticed the Dolpins (submariners badge) of course when it was all questions of where had we been.

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Tue Feb 11, 2014 4:22 pm
by Agger (deleted)

I'm an ex military guy 24 years Army (Corps of Royal Engineers) I appreciate what we have both had to do in our military careers

I could tell you about the time I had a dump with my parka on but that would involve humour and I'm not sure I should go into that much information

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Tue Feb 11, 2014 6:24 pm
by Deeps (deleted)

Quote: Agger wrote in post #19

........but that would involve humour and I'm not sure I should go into that much information

No, humour is allowed on here......................................I think.

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Feb 12, 2014 10:19 am
by Steamdrivenandy (deleted)

This seems to be the right thread to offer my hoard of shrunken Marks & Spencer socks to anyone with size 6 feet or smaller.

A large supply of M&S socks of varying designs and patterns (mostly in pairs), originally purchased/received as presents, for my size 10.5 feet. All in excellent condition, no holes*, no darning, no runs, with months, if not years of use still possible. Have all shrunk, over a relatively short period, to a size that makes them impossible to put on, or take off size 10.5 feet. All clean and freshly laundered, but not ironed, I aren't that anal.

Now I realise that whoever takes this hoard on board will be removed from the UK sock market for most of the next decade but it shouldn't endanger the livelihood of the workers in Columbo, Bangkok or Taipei, or indeed Mr Frantone's recently paying out pension.

I'll be ecstatic to bring the hoard to Apple Tree Park as it'll help reduce the noseweight if I stuff it up the back of the van. Quite what I'll do on the return without them, I'm not sure.

*Before Mr Pew makes coment, yes, they all have one hole, to allow foot access, but it's a much smaller hole than originally supplied.

Amber a Lunar Quasar 464 Sussex Amberley Sussex Caravans dealer special pushing a '59 reg. Kia Cee'd 3 SW 1.6 CRDi Automatic, a rough towing ratio of 86%.
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Feb 12, 2014 10:27 am
by hob (deleted)

Tell Mrs SDA not to boil them in future ...........................or at least let you take them off first

Vauxhall Insignia Sri towing 2006 Triton 430 import
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Feb 12, 2014 10:38 am
by Deeps (deleted)

Only got yourself to blame - if you'd washed and dried them whilst still on your feet (don't we all?) the matter of shrinkage wouldn't have come into question. Also, if you'd adopted my underwear trick by turning your socks inside out every other day you wouldn't have needed to wash them quite so often thereby extending useable life.

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Feb 12, 2014 11:23 am
by crow (deleted)

I have always been a fan of the wooden coat hanger, and bought a load so that I could
get rid of those awful twisty plastic hangers. They were appropriated by the rest of the family,
I still have the plastic ones!

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Feb 12, 2014 11:28 am
by Steamdrivenandy (deleted)

I like the goldish heavy duty ones that Sketchley used with their Gold Service, whatever that was and whoever Sketchley was

Amber a Lunar Quasar 464 Sussex Amberley Sussex Caravans dealer special pushing a '59 reg. Kia Cee'd 3 SW 1.6 CRDi Automatic, a rough towing ratio of 86%.
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Feb 12, 2014 11:37 am
by Pepé Le Pew | 2.731 Posts

Quote: crow wrote in post #24
I have always been a fan of the wooden coat hanger, and bought a load so that I could
get rid of those awful twisty plastic hangers. They were appropriated by the rest of the family,
I still have the plastic ones!
Rodders. For goodness' sake grow a pair and stop being such a weed.

Go and put their clothes on the plastic hangers and get your wooden ones back.

Sheesh...

Last edited Wed Feb 12, 2014 8:36 pm | Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Feb 12, 2014 4:49 pm
by Unhitched (deleted)

Lee, ' Hitched' to Sarah....and in search of an Eriba 540 to also be hitched to...
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Feb 12, 2014 5:09 pm
by Unhitched (deleted)

SDA that's why you keep getting socks for Chrimbo because your family know your laundry shrinking skills!

Lee, ' Hitched' to Sarah....and in search of an Eriba 540 to also be hitched to...
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Feb 12, 2014 5:47 pm
by Pop540 (deleted)

you could make sock dolls with the socks or
cut up to make these

Eriba troll 540 likes constant hugs, and buffs and the odd cuppa.

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Feb 12, 2014 5:54 pm
by Agger (deleted)

I have warned the local Plod to keep an eye out for discarded size 6 socks after the meeting and who to contact should any be found

Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 99 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12659 topics and 106590 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 0