Floods

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Tue Feb 11, 2014 7:01 am
by ellen (deleted)

Hope none of you are suffering due to the floods across the UK. Last night Mark had the Bristol run and although it was. Difficult to see the countryside one thing that did look pretty certain was the area where our meet is in July is under water. So many people are going to lose not only their homes but their business as well, my heart goes out to them.

Proud owners of Doo-Dah our Familia 310
Scroll up

RE: Floods

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Tue Feb 11, 2014 8:27 am
by Agger (deleted)

I went down the A38 yesterday all fine at the moment, I think he may have seen the flooded area very close to the site known as Fromebridge, this floods regularly.

The site is on a hill so you will be ok, in any case I will let you all know if there is a problem.

Good to have feedback though and pleased others are concerned

Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Tue Feb 11, 2014 8:49 am
by Steamdrivenandy (deleted)

As Agger says the site is on a hill, the road name 'Claypits Hill' gives a clue as does Hilltop Garage just down the road from the site.

According to the Ordnance Survey the site is bang on the 30m (100ft) above sea level contour and the motorway is in a cutting at that point, running at about 20m over sea level. So the motorway will flood well before the campsite. The A38 takes the high ground, like a lot of ancient established roads, they weren't silly in them days.

Amber a Lunar Quasar 464 Sussex Amberley Sussex Caravans dealer special pushing a '59 reg. Kia Cee'd 3 SW 1.6 CRDi Automatic, a rough towing ratio of 86%.
Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Tue Feb 11, 2014 9:16 am
by crow (deleted)

It takes the routes of the Saxon Salt Road and several older trackways
and a few stretches of Roman road. It was later added to and more
roads cobbled together to speed military deployment to Plymouth.

Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Tue Feb 11, 2014 10:11 am
by Eribafolk Admin. (deleted)

ERIBAFOLK 2014 SUMMER MEET

When we spoke to the camp site owner last week he assured us that the site does not suffer from flooding.

Last edited Tue Feb 11, 2014 10:12 am | Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Tue Feb 11, 2014 10:33 am

When we spoke to the camp site owner last week he assured us that the site does not suffer from flooding ...... unless water runs uphill.

Amber a Lunar Quasar 464 Sussex Amberley Sussex Caravans dealer special pushing a '59 reg. Kia Cee'd 3 SW 1.6 CRDi Automatic, a rough towing ratio of 86%.
Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Tue Feb 11, 2014 1:04 pm

This is the image I selected a fortnight ago as my desktop on our main PC. It shows an eastbound (up) train being pulled by 6024 King Edward 1 along the railway that's been so battered at Dawlish. In fact the picture was taken about half a mile west of the Dawlish breach with the train having passed through one small tunnel and about to plunge through another before emerging along the Dawlish seafront.

Watchers of the 'Coast' programmes will have seen KE1 (Spud 1) many times on that stretch of line as it was comprehensively filmed for one particular programme and then included in the series titles.

Given the current mess further up the line, I wonder what state the line in this lovely little bay is in?

DSC03725-M.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Tue Feb 11, 2014 1:30 pm
by Agger (deleted)

I've been out this morning for a countryside walk, wore my wellies and had Army Gore Tex trousers over the top along with a battered Paramo waterproof jacket

I walk about a mile before I pick up my country / river (severn) walk, going across the first field I got wet feet due to overtopping of my wellies I carried on and got through my walk in just under 3 hours, it was raining for the first half hour but after that it was dry.

Here's a photo of the field I took yesterday (on my phone) I have others taken today but won't upload them for some time.

Attached pictures:
No rights to view attachments. Only file names are shown. Register now!
 20140210_132649.jpg 

Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Wed Feb 12, 2014 4:28 pm
by Agger (deleted)

Sat in Highfield garden centre keeping an eye on the summer site where you will be meeting, looks dry but windy, floods in fields below and beyond but all roads are open and debris free.

I'll keep you all posted on any updates to floods etc but your months away yet so no need to worry at the moment!

I have booked King Canute and a few loafs of bread and some fish incase, I'm not up on my history so don't castergate me if I'm wrong, as if I'm really worried lol

Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Wed Feb 12, 2014 5:34 pm
by Pop540 (deleted)

pity was going to ask what king sedgemoor did to end up named as a drain?

Eriba troll 540 likes constant hugs, and buffs and the odd cuppa.

Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Wed Feb 12, 2014 5:51 pm
by Agger (deleted)

I think he leaked information to the enemy, tenuos I know but I did get there.

Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Wed Feb 12, 2014 6:31 pm
by Pop540 (deleted)

leaked information
thought that was funny hehehe

Eriba troll 540 likes constant hugs, and buffs and the odd cuppa.

Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Wed Feb 12, 2014 8:33 pm
by Agger (deleted)

Drained resources

Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 51 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12659 topics and 106590 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 0