Television in an Eriba

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Feb 12, 2014 8:29 pm
by hob (deleted)
Wenn Sie hier auf Links zu eBay klicken und einen Kauf tätigen, kann dies dazu führen, dass diese Website eine Provision erhält.

The idea of this is a basic way of having TV in your Eriba and my experience of that ...............small that it is

firstly comes the choice of TV ...........for me it was easy I already had a TV in my bedroom for times when I was ill...................It turns out my bedroom TV was ideal as it has built in freeview and built in DVD which means I don't need to clutter the van with a freeview box and a DVD player.
Next you need an Aerial..............at first I bought one of these and made my own mast

Werbung: TV aerial

not a good idea ...........like the tv top aerial it only works with a very strong signal

After that i got one of these from my local caravan shop with a mast for about £50.00 which works much better (you get what you pay for)

better tv aerial

Now you need to know where to point it I met a nice man at a rally last year who had an app on his mobile ............not having a mobile myself I use a website that shows where the transmitters are and a compass

transmitter website

Some sites now offer aerial hookup in a similar way to electric and water.

Another way to do this is to use your loaf and look which way the site warden and other site users point theirs

I have a DVD recorder at home which means I have an extensive collection of DVD's to take with me when nothing is on freeview

Not being a technology freak I'm sure other members will update this with things like satellite dishes and boxes and 12 v tv's for use away from hookups

but I hope this explains the basics for new to caravanning members

The following contents have been linked to this post:

Vauxhall Insignia Sri towing 2006 Triton 430 import
Scroll up

RE: Television in an Eriba

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Feb 12, 2014 8:55 pm
by Pop540 (deleted)

Eriba troll 540 likes constant hugs, and buffs and the odd cuppa.

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Thu Feb 13, 2014 8:46 am
by crow (deleted)

I have a similar aerial to your first one, chosen for its portability, few of the caravan type aerials
are much good unless the signal is good.
I usually use the satellite dish, 54cm dish on a big tripod
http://www.aerialsandtv.com/touringaerials.html
http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B001G...ASIN=B001GXQUNQ
http://www.satelliteonline.co.uk/portable_satellite_dish.htm
http://www.dishpointer.com/

likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Thu Feb 13, 2014 9:53 am
by hampshireman (deleted)

I use a £99 set from Richer Sounds and an aerial from Towsure. I don't use a search gadget, just look around the site to see where the others are pointing. We don't have satellite.

A painting wot i done
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Fri Feb 28, 2014 10:14 am
by Stamford (deleted)

We have an Avtex 21.5 TV mounted on a swivel bracket under the left front cupboard in our Familia 3-berth, great for watching from the bed area and will swivel to be viewable from the awning or indeed, outside.
We also use the Avtex aerial.

Don't need a Weatherman to know which way the Wind blows!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Fri Feb 28, 2014 12:33 pm
by Steamdrivenandy (deleted)

We listen to the radio and use our imaginations.

Amber a Lunar Quasar 464 Sussex Amberley Sussex Caravans dealer special pushing a '59 reg. Kia Cee'd 3 SW 1.6 CRDi Automatic, a rough towing ratio of 86%.
likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Fri Feb 28, 2014 1:17 pm
by Stamford (deleted)

So do we ,....but there are times when the goggle-box just comes into its own

Don't need a Weatherman to know which way the Wind blows!

Last edited Fri Feb 28, 2014 1:18 pm | Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Mon Mar 03, 2014 5:53 pm
by Michelewatkins (deleted)

I watch tv on my iPad via a gadget called a Tivizen . Very similar gadget to a USB tv dongle except this can be moved to get the best reception. Works a treat.

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Fri Jul 18, 2014 3:27 pm

I am interested in how to fit an aerial point on the outside and inside the Eriba, as with the EHU point and the Truma water point.

It would save a lot of fiddling feeding cables through windows, behind curtains and would keep the interior cable free or less cabled.

My first railway painting and commission
Puck 225L pushing CMax 1.9TDI Ghia
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Fri Jul 18, 2014 3:38 pm
by Deeps (deleted)

Well in fact I have seen several EHU input boxes so to speak with an integrated TV point. Not on an Eriba I hasten to add but on several wooden boxes although I'm guessing that the size is the same. I've also read of someone actually drilling and fitting for themselves a TV point within that box although don't ask me where I read or saw it now.

2013 Triton 430, VW Touran TDI BM
мы прибываем невидимые - we arrive invisible

My You Tube Channel

Last edited Fri Jul 18, 2014 3:45 pm | Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Fri Jul 18, 2014 3:42 pm

Ok thanks for the feedback

likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Fri Jul 18, 2014 4:10 pm
by Peter Glaze (deleted)

If you can pick up TV on a tablet PC in the way that Michele does (see above), the viewing experienced could be further enhanced by buying an HDMI cable (Amazon for a couple of quid) and using it to connect the tablet to your TV.

I do this at home to watch programmes I have saved on the BBC iPlayer and to watch any number of full length films on YouTube. There is some degradation in picture (it isn't HD) but it is perfectly watchable.

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Fri Jul 18, 2014 4:18 pm
by Agger (deleted)

Quote: hampshireman wrote in post #9
I am interested in how to fit an aerial point on the outside and inside the Eriba,

Are you sure you don't already have one but hav'nt found it? Lots of Eriba's come with them pre fitted

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Fri Jul 18, 2014 5:32 pm

Er! OK where?

Haven't got a tablet, but have a laptop and never really gone much further with it than this site some other surfing and emails.

Last edited Fri Jul 18, 2014 5:33 pm | Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Fri Jul 18, 2014 6:07 pm
by Frantone (deleted)

I know some Eribas left the factory with hidden TV cable but I have not heard or seen of any with the actual external connection point.
However a ready wired socket is available in most caravan accessory shops ('Vision' or 'Maxview' I think) which could be easily retrofitted.......
image.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

This is in the plastic rear bumper of my Troll.
The cabling runs up through a vent into the rear of the van so no drilling!

Troll & Galaxy.

likes this post!
Last edited Fri Jul 18, 2014 6:11 pm | Scroll up

Visitors
5 Members and 63 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12660 topics and 106594 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 5