Hello from Goes, Netherland

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Fri Feb 14, 2014 6:53 pm
by cruickie | 97 Posts

Hello,
We're a married couple who live in the Netherlands, I've just retired, but my wife Annemiek unfortunately
has another nine years to go before she can retire.(kids have all left home,what bliss)

We've owned a 2005 PuckL 230gt, since february 2006. it's been to Italy, Germany, but most of the time France.
At the time of purchase our tow car was a Ford Focus 98bhp 1.6, we then moved on to a VW Eos 200bhp 2.0ltr tsi & finally we've settled
for a VW Golf 105bhp 1.2tsi.

Awnings, we have a full awning which is a Reda 3. This awning is made in the Netherlands and it's been used during the most terrible storms,
it's never budged, been perfect.
We also have an Isabelle Shadow sun canopy, can't fault it.
The Full awning is used if we're staying at a place for more than a night, if not then we use the shadow which can be put up without really thinking, it's so easy.
The only problem using these two types of awnings is that they had different sized beading to attach to the caravan.
To solve that problem I had to use a figure of eight attachment, don't know the correct name for it. Anyway, it was a bit fiddly, but it worked.
Due to the mild winter I took the caravan for it's service and mentioned the above problem to the service team!
I was informed that there is an awning rail that will take all sizes of awning beading.
I asked them to replace the old rail with the new type and fit the same on the other side of the van together with an extra table connector.
Now I'm looking forward to having a large almost empty awning plus sitting under the sun shade when next in france.

Cruickie

Scroll up

RE: Hello from Goes, Netherland

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Fri Feb 14, 2014 7:04 pm
by Randa france | 13.048 Posts

Hello Cruickie. We're really glad you could join us. You're very welcome.

You may have noticed that there are another four members from the Netherlands on here too and RonaldV is from the Zeeland area . Hope you'll put your flag on the map.

Your Reda 3 awning sounds interesting. Would love to see some photos of it and your Puck L when you have a chance. There is a photo gallery dedicated to the Puck L on here and also a comprehensive Awning Gallery.

Roger and Amanda (Randa)

1999 Eriba Troll 530 pushing a VW Touran 2L TDi Match
Scroll up

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Fri Feb 14, 2014 7:14 pm
by Aaron Calder | 3.797 Posts

Cruickie!

Good to have your company.

Forum Administrator
2003 Triton 420 and Audi A4 2.0Tfsi S-line SE Cabriolet
Scroll up

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Fri Feb 14, 2014 8:31 pm
by Deeps (deleted)

2013 Triton 430, VW Touran TDI BM
мы прибываем невидимые - we arrive invisible
Scroll up

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Fri Feb 14, 2014 10:51 pm
by F. Ramos (deleted)

Hello

Welcome

My Eriba came from the south of your country.

Best Regards

F. Ramos

Eriba Touring Pan Family 1989 / Lisbon - Portugal
Scroll up

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Fri Feb 14, 2014 11:58 pm
by Pop540 (deleted)

Eriba troll 540 likes constant hugs, and buffs and the odd cuppa.

Scroll up

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Sat Feb 15, 2014 7:06 pm
by Rentmyeriba (deleted)

Hello,
and welcome to this forum!

Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 99 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12659 topics and 106590 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 0