Hello!

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Fri Feb 21, 2014 1:05 pm
by TonyH69 (deleted)

Thought we would say hello here. We are picking up a 83 Puck in April from Belgium. Already planning a summer holiday to the Italian lakes, this will be glamping for us!

Scroll up

RE: Hello!

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Fri Feb 21, 2014 1:28 pm
by Aaron Calder | 3.797 Posts

Tony!

Good to have your company. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask. I'm sure there are members who know the Italian Lakes and will be able to advise re routes, sites etc.

Forum Administrator
2003 Triton 420 and Audi A4 2.0Tfsi S-line SE Cabriolet
Scroll up

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Fri Feb 21, 2014 1:53 pm
by Morphy | 972 Posts

Hiya Tony yes we have just bought a Puck recently progressed from camping we are also looking forward to getting out for a trial weekend. Only the weather and work is getting the way.
Morphy

Scroll up

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Fri Feb 21, 2014 2:05 pm
by Randa france | 13.048 Posts

Hi Tony. Welcome and thanks for joining us. Like you, most of us on here have come to the Eriba from camping so can quite understand the "Glamping" comment

Whereabouts in Belgium are you collecting your Puck from? Don't know if you're familiar with some of the Belgian roads but they are a bit "rattly" so everything has to be tightly wedged. There are some nice campsites in Belgium and South Zeeland.

As Brian (Aaron Calder) has said, there are probably a number of members who know the Italian Lakes who will be happy to give advice if you need it. We stayed on the southern shore of Lake Garda ourselves a few years ago and travelled there by way of Austria.

Roger and Amanda (Randa)

1999 Eriba Troll 530 pushing a VW Touran 2L TDi Match
Scroll up

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Fri Feb 21, 2014 3:19 pm
by Deeps (deleted)

yes, fire away with in any questions you have regarding the Italian lakes as the wife and I have toured quite extensively in the region on our motorbikes. Don't ask about campsites though as we have always hotel'd it

2013 Triton 430, VW Touran TDI BM
мы прибываем невидимые - we arrive invisible
Scroll up

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Fri Feb 21, 2014 10:12 pm
by Poptop320 | 2.618 Posts

I like to pop my top when I go on holiday
Scroll up

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Sat Feb 22, 2014 2:39 am
by Pop540 (deleted)

love the vw camper and of course congratulations on the Puck
any details of camper?

Eriba troll 540 likes constant hugs, and buffs and the odd cuppa.

Scroll up

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Sun Feb 23, 2014 2:29 pm
by Rentmyeriba (deleted)

Congratulations and have a nice trip to the Italian lakes.
I have not been there but i thin that´s a very nice way to guive kilometers to your Eriba.
Regards
Ricardo and Sónia

Scroll up

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Sun Feb 23, 2014 7:29 pm
by TonyH69 (deleted)

Thanks everyone.

Our VDub is a 1970 T2, called Elvis, with a reconditioned stock 1.6 SP engine. Can sit at 60 mph but we prefer to stick at around 55. When we go camping He is pretty loaded with the tent and awning etc. The tent alone weighs 325kg then there is the additional awning for it and the extras include a storage table and cupboard! Actually think we might weigh less pulling a Puck.

Oh and the name for the Puck will be the Colonel, so Elvis & The Colonel!

Scroll up

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Sun Feb 23, 2014 8:05 pm
by Randa france | 13.048 Posts

Zitat
Oh and the name for the Puck will be the Colonel, so Elvis & The Colonel!

Like it.

Just be careful on the Belgian roads when you pick the Colonel up otherwise you'll be "All Shook Up"

1999 Eriba Troll 530 pushing a VW Touran 2L TDi Match
Scroll up

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Mon Feb 24, 2014 3:37 pm
by hampshireman (deleted)

Hello Tonyand welcome. So much info for you in here so please enjoy. We two have done the Italian lakes too and love Maggiore. We did have a 73 T2 with a recon 1700 engine and then a T4 and now the Eriba puck L.

A painting wot i done
Scroll up

Visitors
1 Member and 99 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12659 topics and 106590 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 1