Remoska

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Mon Mar 03, 2014 8:17 am
by Morphy | 972 Posts

We have had the Remoska a couple of weeks now after buying one first hearing about them from Ellen (Doo Dah). What a fantastic bit of kit baked spuds, and yesterday chips and no smells, the list is endless I suppose what you can do. This bit of kit is brill and uses less power win win. It will make caravanning a pleasure when thinking what to have for tea space saving as well.

When camping and always without hook-up at times really hard to think of different things to make especially as I am, not the wife a vegetarian.

Morphy

Scroll up

RE: Remoska

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Mon Mar 03, 2014 6:05 pm
by Blueyonder (deleted)

I looked at the Remoskas but decided to try a halogen oven first, as they are deeper. I am sure the Remoskas are fab but I can do a reasonable sized loaf of bread, brioche or cake (using an 8 inch dia deep cake tin) in the small sized one and have been pleasantly surprised with what one can achieve with it. The light flashing on and off can get a bit annoying if you are in the room! I am a veggie but you could get a whole chicken in this thing and put roasties on the rack on the top rack at the same time. I have used it a lot at home since buying it, as it saves having the big oven on when there is just the two of us at home.

I may end up getting a Remoska but if they are a bit expensive for you, the halogen ovens are a good cheapoer alternative.

Scroll up

RE: Remoska

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Mon Mar 03, 2014 6:09 pm
by Steamdrivenandy (deleted)

Mrs SDA has cooked all sorts in the Remoska, including Mars Bar Muffins.

I tried to find a liquid cake mix that I remembered used to be available in the chiller at Waitrose a few years back, but apparently it didn't catch on and was discontinued. That would've been ideal for baking in the Remoska with no mixing.

Amber a Lunar Quasar 464 Sussex Amberley Sussex Caravans dealer special pushing a '59 reg. Kia Cee'd 3 SW 1.6 CRDi Automatic, a rough towing ratio of 86%.
Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 89 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12659 topics and 106590 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 0