Spare wheel

in Anything Eriba-related Sat Mar 08, 2014 6:16 pm
by Paul (deleted)

Hi folks looked under my familia 1991. Ha ha no spare wheel. 13inch wheel .is there any car with the same nut pattern. Does any body know. Paul

Scroll up

RE: Spare wheel

in Anything Eriba-related Sat Mar 08, 2014 7:28 pm
by Eribanut | 2.026 Posts

Is it a four stud wheel ? Got a feeling I read that you could use mini wheels

Someone else will know I'm sure

Crow where are you ?

Sermo datur cunctis; animi sapientia paucis
Tempus fugit; carpe diem
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sat Mar 08, 2014 7:32 pm
by Steamdrivenandy (deleted)

VW wheels of some sort ring a bell with me, but no detail I'm afraid. If nobody comes up with the details then a call to Sandy at Jandi should get the right info.

Amber a Lunar Quasar 464 Sussex Amberley Sussex Caravans dealer special pushing a '59 reg. Kia Cee'd 3 SW 1.6 CRDi Automatic, a rough towing ratio of 86%.
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sat Mar 08, 2014 8:42 pm
by hob (deleted)

You will need to know the number of studs\nuts (usually 4 or 5) and the PCD which is the Pitch Circle Diameter of the stud holes

Imagine a circle drawn through the centre of of the studs ..............that's the PCD

as Andy said check with a dealer for the correct sizes

Vauxhall Insignia Sri towing 2006 Triton 430 import
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sat Mar 08, 2014 10:59 pm
by Ribski | 1.467 Posts

Don't forget. apart from the no. of nuts and the PCD you should also check the 'rim offset' - i.e. the position of the rim in relation to the centre of the hub. If not correct it could foul the wheel arch or suspension, shock absorber or other suspension or chassis parts ! It would result in the wheel being either too far towards the centre of the van or too far outward :(

Hope this helps and that I've explained it correctly :)

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sun Mar 09, 2014 8:47 am
by crow (deleted)

You have some top answers there Eribanut, all I can add is don't use car type alloy wheels
they are not strong enough.
Even steel rims need some thought as each car rim carries a quarter of the cars weight
but a caravan rim carries half the caravans weight.
There may be information stamped into your existing wheel rims, possibly on the inside
of the rim (of course)
You can buy new caravan rims on e-bay, and I would be inclined to buy a proper rim.
http://www.caravanclub.co.uk/media/10228...d-wheels-mo.pdf

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sun Mar 09, 2014 12:50 pm
by Deeps (deleted)

I recently purchased a set (four) of Alloy rims for the car for when the road temperatures are warm enough that we can swap over to summer tyres - in 2-3 weeks hopefully.
There's nothing stamped on the rims themselves but my dealer, on their computer, have a list of which rims are suitable for which model of car within the range - I'm talking VW here by the way. More importantly, details such as allowable load are given against each rim and this should be at least the same, if not higher, than the permissible axle load stated in the vehicle registration documents/handbook.
I can't imagine that it would be much different for caravans. What's also important though, is that along with getting alloy rims one also gets suitable bolts for them. My Triton (delivered with Alloy rims) came with a set of extra bolts should I at sometime need to fit the spare steel wheel.

2013 Triton 430, VW Touran TDI BM
мы прибываем невидимые - we arrive invisible
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sun Mar 09, 2014 1:03 pm
by hob (deleted)

Zitat
a set of extra bolts should I at sometime need to fit the spare steel wheel.

Mine too

Vauxhall Insignia Sri towing 2006 Triton 430 import
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Tue Mar 11, 2014 1:05 am
by Pop540 (deleted)

Some smaller eribas had the spare in the rear side locker, there was a box that jutted out into the centre walk way under the seats.. And annoyed feet placement

Eriba troll 540 likes constant hugs, and buffs and the odd cuppa.

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Tue Mar 11, 2014 11:30 pm
by Julie Grafo | 3.473 Posts

Yep, got one of those, if you don't catch your ankles on it the blasted box falls off with a tremendous bang and frightens you half to death. Still on the bright side I won't ever have to crawl under the van if the tyre ever needs changing!
Julie.

Puck L 225 GT pushing Fiat Multipla 1.9 Jtd
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Mar 12, 2014 7:42 am
by crow (deleted)

I made that ankle tapper into a curved box on my Puck L 230GT
I'll see if I have the photos.

Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 102 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12659 topics and 106590 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 0