Hello from Sacramento, California

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Tue Mar 11, 2014 5:31 pm
by roamingwesty (deleted)

Our puck came to us from Belgium. I couldn't resist when one was available to be purchased, along with a VW bus I had my eyes on. That was more than 10 years ago. She's a 1961, seems quite original. We've been extremely happy with her. There was a time when we had a 1968 Airstream, 17ft long with shower. When we had to choose which one to let go, which is still hard to think of, we let go the Airstream. Our puck is our lunar module, as I'm sure that feeling is on the collective minds here!

I'm Ricky Fu. Family cook, driver, not-so-sharp mechanic that manages to keep the fleet of VWs running, canoe/paddleboard propeller, dogs washer, kids' violin metronome, my son's baseball volunteer and my daughter's football team hooligan on game time. But I only shine my own shoes. A line has to be drawn somewhere!

Thanks for the inclusion. Lots to read and check out from here. I appreciate it.

Scroll up

RE: Hello from Sacramento, California

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Tue Mar 11, 2014 5:34 pm
by crow (deleted)

You sound like a perfectly normal Eriba Owner, the food side of it sounds interesting!

Scroll up

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Tue Mar 11, 2014 5:41 pm
by Deeps (deleted)

[quote="roamingwesty"|.........my daughter's football team hooligan on game time. [/quote]

You're daughter would fit in well here then as being a hooligan is considered the norm. You ought to see them throwing their pension books at one another.

2013 Triton 430, VW Touran TDI BM
мы прибываем невидимые - we arrive invisible

My YouTube Channel

Last edited Tue Mar 11, 2014 5:43 pm | Scroll up

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Tue Mar 11, 2014 5:42 pm

Thanks Crow :) As I'm about to abandon the computer break and head to the kitchen. Stir-fry beef and broccoli over rice for kiddos to be made and delivered, because we had dinner out last night and there's nothing to send them to school with this morning. Nice to meet you online, Crow.

Scroll up

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Tue Mar 11, 2014 5:43 pm

And thanks for the welcome too, Deeps!

Scroll up

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Tue Mar 11, 2014 6:01 pm
by hob (deleted)

Vauxhall Insignia Sri towing 2006 Triton 430 import
Scroll up

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Tue Mar 11, 2014 6:04 pm
by crow (deleted)

Stir fry beef, ok, broccoli? leeks and shredded cabbage surely?

Scroll up

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Tue Mar 11, 2014 6:10 pm
by ellen (deleted)

Proud owners of Doo-Dah our Familia 310
Scroll up

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Tue Mar 11, 2014 6:59 pm

Thanks again for the warm welcome, hob and ellen :)

Crow: leek n potato soup, cabbage and meatball stew. Grilled chicken with homemade satay sauce, or my favorite when camping: grilled pork chops, marinated in secret sauce (heavy on the whiskey.) You know; At camp with a Puck? Others will be lookin', best match it with some cookin'! :)

Scroll up

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Tue Mar 11, 2014 7:08 pm
by crow (deleted)

Ah! now if the Puck is Belgian, how about some franco belgian cooking
http://www.hungrynomad.net/tag/franco-belgium-cuisine/

Scroll up

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Fri Mar 14, 2014 8:06 am
by Morphy | 972 Posts

Morphy

Scroll up

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Fri Mar 14, 2014 7:49 pm
by Pop540 (deleted)

Eriba troll 540 likes constant hugs, and buffs and the odd cuppa.

Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 52 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12659 topics and 106590 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 0