Exciting times

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Mar 19, 2014 11:55 am
by hampshireman (deleted)

Cover off this morning (I did it myself Tone) and opened up to virtually no problems. Battery charged and works, gas tried and both burners OK, need to get the mobile man in to get the fridge on gas though, a couple of spiders stringy webs, very little mildew and no mould except some surface stuff on the underside of the pop up roof which is easily wiped off, surprisingly none on the canvas or midge screen. The cover has a small 40mm tear in one side, not top, that I need to repair before it goes back on next winter. Need to check the best gluey stuff to use, there is a piece of the material in its bag.
Standing in the mild morning bright air with roof up and door open. All the windows were on vent setting over the winter.

I am relieved and pleased.

Our first way of camping without a tent
Puck 225L pushing CMax 1.9TDI Ghia
Scroll up

RE: Exciting times

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Mar 19, 2014 12:07 pm
by Frantone (deleted)

Good boy Snowy!
So where are you off to?
We're going to I o Sheppey this weekend.
TandF

Eriba Triton 430GT. Elddis Autoquest 420GT. Eriba Troll 540GT. Hymer S520. Eriba Triton 420GT. VW T5 Bilbos Nexa. Eriba Troll 540GT.
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Mar 19, 2014 1:20 pm

No where planned yet until EOC in May limited trips I think this year, to test out my mobility when on site. I had the usual physio hour in the gym yesterday morning and am knackered when finished then madam decided we should have a bonfire. I did that, it was an enormous pile after all her work out there plus the debris left when the 12 panels of fencing were replaced. Bonfire here means a lot of extra work beside just lighting up and I really felt it when finished. Fitness and mobility are the main issues for me to contend with, but they will, I say will improve.

Have fun matey

Last edited Wed Mar 19, 2014 1:22 pm | Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Mar 19, 2014 1:45 pm
by Aaron Calder | 3.797 Posts

Quote: hampshireman wrote in post #1
Need to check the best gluey stuff to use, there is a piece of the material in its bag.

I contacted Protec when I had a tear in our cover and they recommended Evostik contact adhesive which has worked perfectly.

Just be sure to follow the instructions on the tube or tin re allowing the glue to go tacky before joining the pieces together.

Forum Administrator
2003 Triton 420 and Audi A4 2.0Tfsi S-line SE Cabriolet
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Mar 19, 2014 2:02 pm

Thanks, thought so, however it's not a Protetc item but they all will be similar I guess

Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 80 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12659 topics and 106590 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 0