RE: What I dislike most about caravanning in the UK

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Thu May 24, 2018 11:13 pm
by Blueyonder (deleted)

Oh gawd Doug, gross....but I get the whole hygiene thing. We have a 'don't touch the sides' rule, either yourself or the towel in washrooms, and feet get dried back at the van (we wear crocs in the washrooms/showers). Most folk are of course respectful to other users, but a few spoil it for everyone. I was in a shower once and saw yellow water coming under the wall towards me from the cubicle next door eeeewwwwwwwww!

Eribaless with a 2017 Land Rover Discovery Sport HSE, waiting for a 2018 Troll 535 to arrive.

Last edited Thu May 24, 2018 11:14 pm | Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Fri Jun 29, 2018 9:24 am
by Randa france | 12.888 Posts

Quote: rambling robin wrote in post #21
What do I dislike most???? Probably when you're having a wash or a shower and the guy in the next cubicle is clearing his sinuses into the washbasin and/ or surrounding area.
Although not in the UK, this campsite is a prime example. I noticed it this morning in the shower block and Mrs R has just come back and it's put her off her breakfast. There was a choir of them.

Can't say it's been a problem elsewhere but today it was so noticable I just had to find this thread.

Randa

ERIBAFOLK POP UP EVERYWHERE 1999 Eriba Troll 530 pushing a VW Touran 2L TDi Match

Last edited Fri Jun 29, 2018 9:27 am | Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Fri Jun 29, 2018 10:12 am
by steamdrivenandy (deleted)

I didn't realise that you and Mrs R showered together. If you don't mind me saying, that's very cosmopolitan for South Wales.

Middlesex 29 years
Hertfordshire 15 years
Essex 2 years
North Yorkshire 15 years
North Staffordshire 9 years

'Eribacar' - aka Horizons Unlimited Innovation 3 MWB Ford Transit panel van conversion.
Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Fri Jun 29, 2018 11:13 am
by Aaron Calder | 3.745 Posts

Were they Phlegmish, Roger?

Forum Administrator
2003 Triton 420 and Audi A4 2.0Tfsi S-line SE Cabriolet
Randa france, and like this post!
Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Mon Aug 13, 2018 8:01 pm
by Chris_and_dogs (deleted)

I would agree. Most of the sites that we've liked have been independent sites, though we have just got back from a lovely break at a C & CC certificated site. We are both retired, with two dogs, and a desire to go for long walks, so we are reluctant to book ahead unless the weather forecast is good. Our ideal, during the summer months, is a grass pitch, at a small, quiet site, with nothing beyond the most basic facilities.
My pet hate, is a large, hardstanding, only, site, with "all the facilities", that just resembles a gravel car park.

Last edited Mon Aug 13, 2018 8:08 pm | Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Wed Aug 15, 2018 9:41 am
by DognWheel (deleted)

Feeling very lucky to have been able to organise my first trip at the last minute - and over a hot and sunny August weekend to boot!

I wasn’t able to pre-book a single night at a C&CC site, but had no problem booking two nights - Saturday and Sunday - only a few days in advance, They did have a small number of pitches available each day, but could only be booked after 1pm on the day.

I then thought I’d wing it and see how far I got on the Monday, Looks like I was very lucky indeed to be able to get into a large organised site on the seaward edge of Dartmoor. They had about four pitches available. I did get a call back later from one of the certified sites, so it’s possible there might have been a cheaper and quieter option had I held my nerve a bit longer!

Do people often end up parking up in a lay-by or similar? And if so, does one often get moved on, or is it generally okay? (Obviously not if you pitch your awning and set up an entire camp. But I only need to pop my top and put my legs down for a comfortable night :) )

Scroll up

Visitors
6 Members and 17 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12540 topics and 105781 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 6