Running gear for 70s puck.

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Sun May 06, 2018 6:19 pm
by Hccg345 (deleted)

Hi, I’ve got an early 70s puck on an alko chassis, I’m struggling to source brake shoes/cables/bearings and damper, has anyone got specifications ora source for these? Cheers Simon

Scroll up

RE: Running gear for 70s puck.

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Sun May 06, 2018 11:13 pm
by JohnE (deleted)

There will be an Al-Ko identification plate on the axle from which the axle/brake system build can be identified (Page 4 of the Al-Ko Caravan Chassis Handbook shows some examples).

Your Puck will be fitted with taper roller bearings held on the stub axle with a castellated nut and split pin. Bearing sizes are pretty much universal and they usually have a part number stamped on their outer edge.

The hitch damper can be determined from the drawbar type number, stamped directly on the drawbar, or shown on a plate similar to the axle plate.

If you let me have the details from these plates I should be able to let you know the part numbers you're after.

Aaron Calder, , highmiler, Steve and Debbie, and Tomored like this post!
Scroll up

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Mon May 07, 2018 9:50 am
by Hccg345 (deleted)

Hi, I’m waiting for a hub puller to get at the inside but the axle plate is an oval alko one which is a bit worn, it has B600 on it as well as the number 13 and 500kg. The hub itself has PF 208 436 0001 stamped on it, there doesn’t seem to be a plate on the drawbar but the damper itself has S4 Koblenz 01 20 130 211 09/73 on it, any help with part numbers much appreciated! There are a lot of numbers etc stamped on the towhitch if they help?

Scroll up

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Mon May 07, 2018 8:02 pm
by Damien (deleted)

Brake plate will have a clue with the number on it. Get your head around back.

There will be a plate on the axle in the center, which you can ask ALKO for correct part numbers.

Alot of part numbers can be casting only, as they have newer superseded numbers.

Last edited Mon May 07, 2018 8:03 pm | Scroll up

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Fri May 11, 2018 4:35 pm
by JohnE (deleted)

Simon, I haven't forgotten about your running gear - in fact I spoke to Al-Ko only this morning (about something else) and I did ask about availability of parts for your 1970s chassis set.

They would require all the information from your axle ident plate, as this is the only way of calling up the bill of materiels for your build.

The critical field is the build number which will (hopefully) be in the format of LExxxx (x=4 or 5 digits)

Other info from the plate will help too.

It may be easier to read the plate if you remove it by drilling the rivet(s) off - but take care not to slip with the drill and obscure any info.

Hopefully you can read the data off the plate, but if not you may have to remove the faulty items and we may be able to identify them from pictures, measurements, etc.

Last edited Fri May 11, 2018 4:36 pm | Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 10 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12538 topics and 105761 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 0