May I open up a Thule Omnistor thread , Please.

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Wed Mar 26, 2014 1:30 pm
by Stamford (deleted)

We were given a nice anniversary present of a windout Omnistor awning and a Safari Room.
Having read various reviews and seen requests for info about these, I thought it may be an idea to have a thread where owners, or prospective owners can chat about the pros and cons, especially as we are Eriba-related,.....(Note to Admin,...Feel free to move it or bin it at your discretion)
We are determined to make a go of this arrangement as we love the set-up in clement conditions.
Although, so far it has coped well in quite high winds, but It's definitely squeaky bum time when the wind gets up,...OOHH, Matron!
We have found the PeggyPegs all round and Thule's hold-down kit for the awning to be excellent.
We have been advised to use the "Bowed" centre rafter which reportedly assists the run off of rain water, Ordered,..will report back on it's efficiency.
Anyone wanting to chat about this set-up,please feel free to comment, I'm no expert but sharing info may be a good idea,....All the best,..Chris

Don't need a Weatherman to know which way the Wind blows!
Scroll up

RE: May I open up a Thule Omnistor thread , Please.

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Wed Mar 26, 2014 4:48 pm
by Tigerlily (deleted)

Our Troll came with an omnistor windout awning fitted, and the previous owners seems to have used a centre rafter (which wasn't present).
The awning leaked along the centre line where the rafter had rubbed a couple of small holes, which I fixed with some duct tape.

Troll 530
Scroll up

RE: May I open up a Thule Omnistor thread , Please.

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Wed Mar 26, 2014 5:27 pm
by Stamford (deleted)

That's certainly something i'll watch out for, TL,...Was it a genuine Thule rafter, and was it bowed or straight?,....on second thoughts, If you didn't get it, ...I guess you wouldn't know,..(cough)

Don't need a Weatherman to know which way the Wind blows!

Last edited Wed Mar 26, 2014 5:29 pm | Scroll up

Visitors
5 Members and 85 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12660 topics and 106594 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 5