Insurance

in Anything Eriba-related Thu Mar 27, 2014 1:26 pm
by Blueyonder (deleted)

Well, AL have phoned to say our Triton has arrived! We can't pick it up until the weekend after Easter, as we're busy, but that gives me chance to sort the insurance out. Fortunately, the T5 insurance runs out at the end of April, so I can sort both out together. I have approached the both the Caravan Club and the C&C Club and they have both given competitive quotes for both the caravan and the T5. Do any forum members use either of these? Have any preferences as to which for membership benefits? Or can suggest alternative companies to ask for quotes?

Had the Westfalia towbar fitted Monday, with dedicated VW electrics...ouchie at €645 (sorry, I don't seem to have a pound symbol on my tablet keyboard).

Once we pick it up, I dare say I will have to start up a dedicated thread for my education of all thing Eriba! (and all my stoopid questions!).

Scroll up

RE: Insurance

in Anything Eriba-related Thu Mar 27, 2014 1:44 pm
by Randa france | 13.048 Posts

Wow how exciting We were wondering how you were getting on. LindaJ's must be ready by now then as she was a few weeks ahead of you.

For insurance, we use Towergate at Cheltenham. I think we found them through the AA and as we are AA members we get a discount.

R and A

1999 Eriba Troll 530 pushing a VW Touran 2L TDi Match
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Thu Mar 27, 2014 2:06 pm
by Deeps (deleted)

Quote: Blueyonder wrote in post #1
Well, AL have phoned to say our Triton has arrived!

time.

2013 Triton 430, VW Touran TDI BM
мы прибываем невидимые - we arrive invisible

My You Tube Channel
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Thu Mar 27, 2014 2:25 pm
by crow (deleted)

I used Towergate then they tried to boost the premium because of losses due to bad payers,
I left them and went to SAGA

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Thu Mar 27, 2014 2:36 pm
by Randa france | 13.048 Posts

Quote: crow wrote in post #4
I used Towergate then they tried to boost the premium because of losses due to bad payers, I left them and went to SAGA

Yes, that's the way a lot of companies get ride of their bad payers &
R and A

1999 Eriba Troll 530 pushing a VW Touran 2L TDi Match

Last edited Thu Mar 27, 2014 2:37 pm | Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Thu Mar 27, 2014 3:03 pm
by crow (deleted)

That is not a very nice comment Roger!

Last edited Thu Mar 27, 2014 3:06 pm | Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Thu Mar 27, 2014 3:24 pm
by Pepé Le Pew | 2.731 Posts

Quote: crow wrote in post #6
That is not a very nice comment Roger!

Fight! Fight! Fight!

Last edited Thu Mar 27, 2014 3:25 pm | Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Thu Mar 27, 2014 3:29 pm
by Agger (deleted)

Saga for me to

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Thu Mar 27, 2014 3:39 pm
by Pepé Le Pew | 2.731 Posts

Quote: crow wrote in post #4
I used Towergate then they tried to boost the premium because of losses due to bad payers,
I left them and went to SAGA
Whoever you try - assuming it's someone you actually speak to rather than do online, obviously - it's definitely worth trying to squeeze them as much as possible.

As nicely as possible.

So much depends on the disposition of the person on the other end of the phone as well, obviously, as yours. We've been with Towergate for yonks simply because without exception they've been able to whittle the premium down to the point where it simply wasn't worth the faff of going elsewhere.

I've found that if Operative A is less than forthcoming, thank him - or her - politely and ring back later. Chances are you'll get a different person, and with a bit of luck the new person will be someone whose luck was in the previous night or has a promise on for the forthcoming one.

And if it's the same person when you call back, they'll remember how nice you were and have a change of heart about trying to get the premium down.

Real, live operatives all have a book, but they don't have to go by it.

A computer does.

Last edited Thu Mar 27, 2014 3:43 pm | Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Thu Mar 27, 2014 4:14 pm
by Pop540 (deleted)

o the fun time of insurance trying the various computerized systems
found that the age of the owner changes the premium, bah!! the younger you are the worse it is. (shouldn't that be the caravan not the owner?)
there is a significant discount if a club towing course taken.

the main reason I went with cc was they have good reputation to sort issues and they did a new for old cover. they are expensive, but there is no extra junk mail or calls from strange firms..

Eriba troll 540 likes constant hugs, and buffs and the odd cuppa.

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Thu Mar 27, 2014 4:37 pm
by hob (deleted)

Zitat
the new person will be someone whose luck was in the previous night or has a promise on for the forthcoming one.

Do you mean it wasn't their turn to cook dinner?

Vauxhall Insignia Sri towing 2006 Triton 430 import
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Thu Mar 27, 2014 5:03 pm
by Aaron Calder | 3.797 Posts

We've been with Cover4Caravans for the past three years and their quote and renewals have always been so competitive that it hasn't been worth going elsewhere.

We've never had a claim but the people you talk to in the office are extremely courteous and couldn't be more helpful so I'm confident that they'd be good to deal with if we had a problem.

They are certainly worth a try.

Forum Administrator
2003 Triton 420 and Audi A4 2.0Tfsi S-line SE Cabriolet
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Thu Mar 27, 2014 5:23 pm
by hampshireman (deleted)

I use Saga

My first railway painting and commission
Puck 225L pushing CMax 1.9TDI Ghia
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Thu Mar 27, 2014 7:58 pm
by Blueyonder (deleted)

Thanks people I will try Saga as hubby has a credit card with them I think (they make no money out of us, used just to get points/cashback or something).

Getting excited now though! We might even make it to your meet!

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Thu Mar 27, 2014 8:34 pm
by eribanaut | 1.228 Posts

We use Saga because they cover us for up to 365 days continental use, and when we went to Morocco gave a green card at no extra cost
Dave

Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 89 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12659 topics and 106590 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 0