Not seen these awnings before

in Anything Eriba-related Wed May 06, 2020 11:11 pm
by Steve and Debbie | 1.076 Posts

Someone over on Facebook has one of these Atomatent awnings

http://www.atomatent.nl/luifels.html
eriba_troll01.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

Puck 120 GT - Nissan Pulsar 1.5DCi

Doonhamer, Randa france, and cruickie like this post!
Last edited Wed May 06, 2020 11:11 pm | Scroll up

RE: Not seen these awnings before

in Anything Eriba-related Thu May 07, 2020 3:12 pm
by SOULBLUESMAN68 | 1.124 Posts

This looks really interesting. Any idea about the price?

Oh heck! Just shouted Kath to come upstairs to have a look & her enthusiasm was not contagious to say the least:

"not another flipping awning! How many awnings does one man need for an Eriba?"

I think the hot temperature outside must have made her a tad irritable - So back to my thoughts of adapting Randa's side awning design for our Isabella Shadow canopy................ MikeT

Eribanut, mr_underhill and like this post!
Last edited Thu May 07, 2020 3:14 pm | Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Thu May 07, 2020 7:13 pm
by Edna III (deleted)

You can never have too many awnings...one for every eventuality....

60th Edition 530 being eased along by VW Tiguan
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Thu May 07, 2020 7:50 pm
by eribaMotters | 5.332 Posts

They do look interesting. A posh Isabella Shadow with wings. I've done a page translation of the website and I cannot see a link to prices. Yoou need to e-mail them at info@atomatent.nl
It would be interesting to see what a Atomatent luifel 2016 like in the posting above would cost. I also wonder what the pole system is, aluminium, steel or carbon fibre.

On a serious note, I wonder if they would do a "special" price for a multiple order

Colin

edit - number of awnings? On our present Eriba I have had:-
- Kampa Pop-Air No1, returned for refund
- Fortex Aronde, sold
- Kampa Pop-Air No2, still have as it fits and works well and gets taken for long stays
- Fiamma Cravanstore, permanently on the back
- Isabella Shadow, permanently in the van whever we travel as it is so useful and lightweight
- Sunncamp Swift, taken when we are on short stays or weather might not be to good and need quick lightweight shelter

aka Oscar - Audi A3 1.5 petrol _ ex 430, 552, camplet trailer tent, 310, now a nice white 2017 430.

Last edited Thu May 07, 2020 8:59 pm | Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Thu May 07, 2020 8:38 pm

Update,
I've sent this e-mail:-

A picture of this awning was recently posted on the UK Eribafolk Forum. It is creating some interest amongst forum members, including myself, who obviously would like to know some more details.

If you could answer these questions I would be most grateful and will l post your replies onto the forum.

1- What are the poles made from, steel, aluminium or grp

2 - What is the approximate projection of the awning

3 - What is the material type and weight

4 - I would imagine all are made to order so they would be height specific for pre and post 201o van heights of 218 and 226 cm

4 - For a two colour example as on your website, what would the approximate prices be for a Familia, Triton and Troll.

Thank you - Colin

aka Oscar - Audi A3 1.5 petrol _ ex 430, 552, camplet trailer tent, 310, now a nice white 2017 430.
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Thu May 07, 2020 9:29 pm
by Steve and Debbie | 1.076 Posts

Their website does have prices for tents that may help.

Have some smelling salts at hand

Puck 120 GT - Nissan Pulsar 1.5DCi

Last edited Thu May 07, 2020 9:54 pm | Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Thu May 14, 2020 10:03 am

I've had a reply as below and a price list attached:-

In the attachment you will find some more general information and more photo's. But I will also answer your questions:

Aluminium adjustable poles with PiperPowerGrip.
The approximate projection of the awning is 2.50m.
The material of the awning is 320 gr/m2 100% cotton
The awnings are custom made. If we know the type of caravan, we can make it without having the caravanin Uden. If the type of caravan is unknown to us, the caravan will be stored with us for 1 to 2 weeks. We can then tailor the awning tot the bus/caravan.
You can find the prices in the attachment.

If you have more questions, feel free to ask.

Tom van Zanten

Attachment:
No rights to view attachments. Only file names are shown. Register now!
General information Atomatent Awning Caravan.pdf General information Atomatent Awning Caravan.pdf

likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sat May 16, 2020 1:02 pm
by SOULBLUESMAN68 | 1.124 Posts

It looks a good & interesting piece of kit but at the prices shown in Colin's attachment it would need to be. Don't think one will be finding its way to Clitheroe & I don't intend re-opening the "need another awning or sun canopy " conversation with Kath just yet.

However the good news is that she has got her old sewing machine out of hibernation and, and after some initial loud words directed at the machine including a threat to throw it in the bin, she managed to get it working. As a result she made us some very jazzy face masks out of some old curtains.

I have of course encouraged her in this and been fulsome in my praise of her efforts. In fact the masks work really well. Although when we sent a picture of us wearing then on WhatsApp to our family,our son wondered if we were considering joining ISIS

This is part of a cunning plan to get her eventually to agree to take on Randa's wife's mantle and produce a stylish, lightweight and effective side panel to fit on the Isabella Shadow and our Troll. The sugar coating would be to produce it at a fraction of the £180 or so Isabella are charging for theirs.

Wish me luck.......MikeT

likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sun May 17, 2020 9:10 pm

Some more photos I've been sent:-

troll 1.JPG - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)troll 2.JPG - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)troll 3.JPG - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)troll 4.JPG - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)troll 5.JPG - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)troll 6.JPG - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

ocean drive 1.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)ocean drive 2.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)ocean drive 3.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)ocean drive 4.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)ocean drive 5.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)ocean drive 6.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)ocean drive 7.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)ocean drive 8.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)ocean drive 9.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

cruickie, and John Cross like this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sun Jan 09, 2022 5:09 pm
by Randa france | 12.922 Posts

Please read in conjuction with this thread:- Automatent Netherlands

ERIBAFOLK POP UP EVERYWHERE 1999 Eriba Troll 530 pushing a VW Touran 2L TDi Match . FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Scroll up

Visitors
1 Member and 49 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12557 topics and 105905 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 1