Ordering new caravans

in Anything Eriba-related Wed May 25, 2022 3:10 pm
by Simon Todd (deleted)

Just a heads up that I believe the 2022 model year production run has been extended slightly this year to allow Hymer to catch up on delays. Think that means that the new models won’t be on display until end of 2022 at the earliest and probably missing the October caravan show.

Currently I own a Globecar Globescout panel van conversion but in process of swapping back to an Eriba
Poptop320 and Randa france like this post!
Scroll up

RE: Ordering new caravans

in Anything Eriba-related Wed May 25, 2022 3:44 pm
by eribaMotters | 5.315 Posts

Looks like 2023 may see some changes. A new Feeling is available to order on the continent. https://www.marktplaats.nl/v/caravans-en...er-op-show-2023
I have also heard from my local dealer that the "coloured Trolls" are up for a change. I don't know if they are adding to the current pair or stopping them.
Another dealer mentioned about them visiting Hymer in June to see what is available for next year.

Colin

Forum Moderator. aka Oscar - Audi A3 1.5 petrol _ ex 430, 552, camplet trailer tent, 310, now a nice white 2017 430.

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sun May 29, 2022 5:17 pm
by Marcel Devereux | 17 Posts

We had a new Eriba 540 for delivery Jan 2022, then pushed back to May 2022 and still waiting. Agent has no definite date still!!

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sun May 29, 2022 6:29 pm
by Steamdrivenandy | 1.005 Posts

Quote: eribaMotters wrote in post #2
Looks like 2023 may see some changes. A new Feeling is available to order on the continent. https://www.marktplaats.nl/v/caravans-en...er-op-show-2023
I have also heard from my local dealer that the "coloured Trolls" are up for a change. I don't know if they are adding to the current pair or stopping them.
Another dealer mentioned about them visiting Hymer in June to see what is available for next year.

Colin

That Feeling is almost 7m shipping length which is a lot more than a Troll at 5.79m - to be precise 4ft more. The blurb says the MTPLM has been upgraded from 1300kg to 1600kg on that example, which surely means a fairly low standard payload as the MIRO must be 1100kg plus, given that the current 470 is 1050kg. .

I had nothing to do on this hot afternoon
But to settle down and write you a line

Skoda Karoq 1.5 Petrol DSG
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sun May 29, 2022 6:40 pm
by Steamdrivenandy | 1.005 Posts

Looking at the Witoma website they're no longer mentioning the coloured versions but the 60 Edition appears to live on into 2023.

The two Familias are listed and the two Tritons with washrooms,, but both the 535 and 542 don't get a mention. Base price for a 550 looks like around 28,000 Euro in 2023 model year.

I had nothing to do on this hot afternoon
But to settle down and write you a line

Skoda Karoq 1.5 Petrol DSG
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sun Jul 30, 2023 2:52 pm
by John Rowland | 9 Posts

We ordered an Eriba 540 in March 2023. The scissors on the roof has a rivet which Hymer are having trouble with. They are having to recall and new caravans must wait. No ETA for the new caravan Perhaps we'll get a 2024 model!

The caravan is in Uk for collection next week!!

Last edited Tue Aug 29, 2023 12:36 pm | Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Mon Jul 31, 2023 2:06 am
by dinky | 211 Posts

perhaps they could use one of these instead of rivet, in the size they need
https://www.gsproducts.co.uk/12mm-65mm-stainless-clevis-pin/

Simboc2004 likes this post!
Last edited Mon Jul 31, 2023 2:09 am | Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Mon Jul 31, 2023 8:53 am
by eribaMotters | 5.315 Posts

John, I've had two factory build order Eribas. In 2006 I placed an order for collection from a dealer in Belgium and in 2016 an order for collection from Lowdhams in Nottingham. They took 7 and 9 months for delivery to dealer.
When you add up these usual long build times, availability of parts and Hymer's inefficiency in processing orders you could have a long order wait.
In early May I bought my current Eriba from Wandahome in Hull. It took Hymer over 3 weeks to process a parts order on 3 in stock items. These alloy wheels, Alko jockey wheel and Thule cycle carrier then took another 3-4 weeks to arrive at the dealer. The cycle carrier was also the incorrect model, so I sourced one from a UK supplier and had it within 3 days.

Colin

Forum Moderator. aka Oscar - Audi A3 1.5 petrol - oh dear me, I've gone to the darkish side and bought a Feeling after 4 Tourings

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Mon Jul 31, 2023 5:36 pm
by Stevejoyce (deleted)

Hymer are obviously the exception to the rule of German efficiency.

Triton 420 towed by a Ford Kuga 2.0 TDCi
Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 28 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12528 topics and 105700 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 0