Soplair awning poles

in Like how to find latest posts, how to post links and photographs Wed May 25, 2022 9:53 pm
by bradbos | 31 Posts

Hi just bought our first ever caravan after many years camping. We bought an Eriba triton 430. Built in 1999 and in good condition. It came with a Soplair awning but NO poles.
We have searched the net for replacements without success and was wandering if we could purchase or replace with similar. All advice welcome.
Thanks Peter

Scroll up

RE: Soplair awning poles

in Like how to find latest posts, how to post links and photographs Wed May 25, 2022 10:09 pm
by eribaMotters | 5.313 Posts
Wenn Sie hier auf Links zu eBay klicken und einen Kauf tätigen, kann dies dazu führen, dass diese Website eine Provision erhält.

Peter, welcome to the forum. To be honest I think you are going to have a very long search and I doubt you will be successful. Eriba vans are not sold in great numbers and awnings even less so. Add to that your awning was last sold probably 15 years ago and you might see what you are up against.
Good examples of this awning do come up for about £150/200 so you could be lucky there. Another option might be to butcher a 2nd hand set of Isabella poles, but then they would probably not give the fit you require to make the awning perform correctly.
A nice NR frame awning is up for sale on e-bay at present for £160, which if the condition/description is correct is a steal. Werbung: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/165498526085?...iYAAOSwW6lig7OE

Colin

The following contents have been linked to this post:

Forum Moderator. aka Oscar - Audi A3 1.5 petrol _ ex 430, 552, camplet trailer tent, 310, now a nice white 2017 430.

Scroll up

in Like how to find latest posts, how to post links and photographs Thu May 26, 2022 12:30 pm
by bradbos | 31 Posts

Thanks for that advice Colin
Have seen an awning on Facebook marketplace/eBay at a reasonable price. Shame though I’d have to scrap the canvas that I have but can’t get the poles for..

Scroll up

in Like how to find latest posts, how to post links and photographs Sat May 28, 2022 8:36 am
by Islay Corbel (deleted)

Our 1998 Triton came with one - we sold it as it was an absolute B%1*** to put up. There are modern awnings that seem to be much simpler. We just use a sun shade.

Betty, 1998 Triton 430 and Colin, a Renault Mégane.
Scroll up

Visitors
2 Members and 23 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12526 topics and 105683 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 2