Isabella Air X-Tension Awning

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Tue Aug 09, 2022 3:31 pm
by Peter Shaw (deleted)

Hi, Anyone have any comments on this awning, please, and whether it will fit a 2016 Eriba Triton? Not so sure about blow up awnings, although they seem to be the ‘rage’ these days. Are they difficult on uneven ground? Would the caravan door be an issue? Any similar models worthy of recommendation, please?

Last edited Tue Aug 09, 2022 3:33 pm | Scroll up

RE: Isabella Air X-Tension Awning

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Tue Aug 09, 2022 4:24 pm
by eribaMotters | 5.306 Posts

Peter, this may help:- Isabella AIR X - Tension, hot news !!!
First thing I would say is do you really need a full/large awning. Now we do not have children with us we have a canopy and small blow up Vango Siesta that weighs 1/4 to 1/3rd of our previous awnings. The canopy is great for sun and the Vango kept us dry in a wet and windy Sept Scotland last year. Vango Siesta Review [Elwood is the same but in blue]
Full size air awnings are heavier to get into the track and do really require two people. They are a bit quicker to set up, but not by a lot. They are far quicker to take down and pack away. They do not sit well on uneven ground and this is one reason why some have gone for the Isabella as it stands away from the van and is linked by a tunnel. The Isabella you mention has ben bought by several members and they seem pleased with it. I personally do not like tunnels as I've experienced the sagging many have and found the area to be a dead space. But that is just my opinion and others obviously think differently.
The default setting for a blow up has been the Kampa Pop-Air. This offers an excellent quality/price combination. You MUST buy a new/newer second generation model for your Triton. Do not be tempted by a good 2nd version of the earlier model at an attractive price.

Colin

Forum Moderator. aka Oscar - Audi A3 1.5 petrol _ ex 430, 552, camplet trailer tent, 310, now a nice white 2017 430.

GT runner likes this post!
Scroll up

RE: Isabella Air X-Tension Awning

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Fri Aug 12, 2022 10:00 pm
by Peter Shaw (deleted)

Thank you.....food for thought and very helpful!

Scroll up

Visitors
5 Members and 71 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12523 topics and 105649 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 5