Isabella AIR X - Tension, hot news !!!

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Fri Mar 18, 2022 4:04 pm
by GT runner | 291 Posts

As promised Colin from Isabella called me back today. He assures that Isabella are going to make a tunnel that fits the Eriba and they are currently doing thier homework on it. I mentioned that if the made 3 sizes of tunnels in the various Eriba widths they may well have a lot of takers. He promised to keep in touch as it evolves. What a dream: a very well made awning that a good size, and does not have to be lifted on the awning rail. Best wishes to all, Robbie

Randa france likes this post!
Scroll up

RE: Isabella AIR X - Tension, hot news !!!

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Fri Mar 18, 2022 5:51 pm
by eribaMotters | 5.316 Posts

Robbie, I think that just the one Eriba tunnel will do the job as the top of the awning will be the defining measurement. It looks like at 240/250 cm then this would be fine for all modern vans.

Colin

Forum Moderator. aka Oscar - Audi A3 1.5 petrol _ ex 430, 552, camplet trailer tent, 310, now a nice white 2017 430.

Scroll up

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Fri Mar 18, 2022 10:32 pm
by GT runner | 291 Posts

Hi Colin, the Isabella web site says its 330cm wide so I was thinking if they made a tunnel that width that would be great for Troll owners. Then an another at 290 for Tritons and 260 for Familia’s. This would give owners the max possible width of their vans which when out to the wider 330 width of the X Tension.

Scroll up

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Fri Mar 18, 2022 10:59 pm
by eribaMotters | 5.316 Posts

I thought it was 247cm at the top and the 330cm is at the base. I know it is 250 cm deep and they give the area as 8.25 m so it should be possible to work out the base size.

Colin

Forum Moderator. aka Oscar - Audi A3 1.5 petrol _ ex 430, 552, camplet trailer tent, 310, now a nice white 2017 430.

Scroll up

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Sat Mar 19, 2022 1:07 am
by GT runner | 291 Posts

You may well be right on that Colin. In the pictures it does look more square than rectangle. So if it is 250 ish at the top, then Isabella could make a one size fit all tunnel. Any its promising that they are now considering us Eriba owners. I think it would be a great product.

Scroll up

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Sat Mar 19, 2022 9:05 am
by Doreen the troll | 39 Posts

On the Isabella site it gives the following dimensions
Width (cm)

Depth (cm)

Height (cm)
David

Scroll up

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Fri Jun 03, 2022 11:15 am

Hi I have been looking out for the release of the Eriba dedicated Air X Tension however just looking on the Isabella site today there is a notice stating that the product is sold out !
Looks as if there will be a long wait on this
David

Scroll up

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Fri Jul 15, 2022 2:40 pm
by Seadog | 13 Posts

I ordered one back in March and have just received it - supplied with a tunnel for "VW California, T4, T5, T6, Transporter" which fits my 2005 Triton 420 GT well. It has a double size beading on the tunnel, one size of which slides easily into the rail on my Eriba, and then the whole tunnel zips onto the awning with a top zip and 2 side zips. On my 420 it goes nicely from the door and almost all the way across the side window (but not completely - so it does mean it can't be opened). Tunnel-height-wise, the door opens nicely under it in the tunnel area. I am really pleased with it - it goes up and down really easily - I simply attach the tunnel, zip the back edge of the awning on (which is easy), then inflate. It would be just as easy to inflate unattached and then move it up close and zip it on too.

GT runner, EdinburghTroll and Glenn Lindley like this post!
Scroll up

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Fri Jul 15, 2022 2:52 pm
by Julie Grafo | 3.461 Posts

Don’t hold me to this but Leisureshopdirect are showing it on their website for delivery July 18th at £1249.

Julie & Neil. 2008 530GT pushing Honda CR-V 1.6 iDTEC SE+
GT runner likes this post!
Scroll up

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Sat Jul 16, 2022 9:48 am

Hi any pics of it on your Triton?
How does the tunnel fit against the side profile of the van?
David

Scroll up

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Sat Jul 16, 2022 12:55 pm
by Seadog | 13 Posts

x tension 1.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)x tension 2.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)x tension 3.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)It fits really well against the sides - simply peg the tunnel sides at the bottom under the van, and then it has suction suckers which stick really well to the Eriba's smooth aluminum sides. There are 3 pictures here but they don't really show the sides attached properly as they were taken after putting up for a quick check on the drive before going off and using it in earnest the next day. In practice, we had a really good seal despite quite a breezy site.

Simboc2004 and GT runner like this post!
Scroll up

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Sat Jul 16, 2022 6:42 pm
by GT runner | 291 Posts

Hi Seadog, thanks for uploading the photo’s. Quick question. My 2018 Troll has a slightly higher awning rail than your Triton (i think) is there a bit of play in the height of the link that would accommodate the difference ? I’ve had a look on the Liesureshop web site and they have 3 in stock. Think I’ve made my mind up to order it. Thanks in advance, Robbie

Scroll up

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Sat Jul 16, 2022 8:11 pm
by Seadog | 13 Posts

I've just measured my rail and its 182cm off the ground on my drive. I don't have the awning up but it slopes down to the rail so I can't imagine it would be a problem being a bit higher - nothing was tight or strained and the nearer you put the awning to the caravan the more leeway there is anyway. Hope that helps

GT runner likes this post!
Scroll up

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Sat Jul 16, 2022 8:32 pm
by Seadog | 13 Posts

IMG-20220706-WA0002.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

Simboc2004 likes this post!
Scroll up

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Sat Jul 16, 2022 8:34 pm
by Seadog | 13 Posts

20220706_141714.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

Simboc2004 and like this post!
Scroll up

Visitors
4 Members and 30 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12528 topics and 105705 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 4