Eriba's own brand winter cover

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Nov 16, 2022 2:11 pm
by Wingfield (deleted)

Does anyone have experience of the Eriba own brand fitted winter cover (Considering one for our 430 Triton 60) Thanks

Scroll up

RE: Eriba's own brand winter cover

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Nov 16, 2022 4:23 pm
by Randa france | 12.874 Posts

I don't have first hand experience but there are several people on the German Facebook Forum who have used them. However, going back 3 years, they had trouble with them because they were too tight. It looked as though they hadn't taken into account the fact that the post 2009 Troll is 100mm wider and Hymer were supposed to send out a retrofitted width of material that the Germans refer to as a "Finger" .

These covers are designed and fitted differently to the ones we are used to which drag over the top as a once piece. They come in three pieces and the two side/front/rear pieces slide into the awning rail bead and should velcro up at the front and rear (unless your Troll is too fat ). The roof is then fitted over the top like a cap and the straps are fitted to the roof cap and clipped to the sides.

Some people only use the roof cap on its own. I've not come across any comments from Triton owners.

cover 01.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)cover 02.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)cover 05.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

cover 04.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

Personally, I would stick with a Protec. We've had ours for 13 years and it still does the job

Randa

ERIBAFOLK POP UP EVERYWHERE 1999 Eriba Troll 530 pushing a VW Touran 2L TDi Match . FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

John Cross likes this post!
Last edited Wed Nov 16, 2022 4:34 pm | Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Nov 16, 2022 8:00 pm
by GT runner | 291 Posts

I bought one of the Eriba covers you mentioned. Cost about £550 and I’ve never taken it out of the packet as each year (since 2018) I have managed to find space for our troll in the car barn. However this year might be different so I plan to use the Eriba cover. Will put an update on here as soon as I have whipped it out.

Randa france likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Nov 16, 2022 8:57 pm
by Corkman | 9 Posts

I bought a Protec this year for our 530, it’s superbly made , top quality but it has one major flaw in that it is about 6 inches too long. When the straps are tightened it is pulled around the bottom edge of the van and is strained around all the sharp edges ie mover “ winder “ nut on both sides and the rear stabiliser nuts again on both sides. This combined with a relatively generous fit ( I also have an Automotive Leisure cover which is as tight as the proverbial duck) and a bit of wind meant at least 4 significant chaffed areas almost right trough the material which was very disappointing. I now have to faff about with foam etc around all the sharp areas.
I would buy one again ( like the easy fit back) but would specify that it must not fold over the bottom edge.

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Fri Nov 18, 2022 2:39 pm
by Wingfield (deleted)

Thanks very much for most useful advice and particularly pictures of one in the real world. Protec seems to get universal thumbs up so will probably save a few hundred and go with that.

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Tue Nov 22, 2022 2:13 pm
by aquavit | 23 Posts

Fitted our new factory made cover yesterday. As others have said it is a tight fit (on our 550) but two of us working together managed to pull it together, I'm hoping it will stretch a little after being on the van all winter and be an easier fit next time. It also came with the extension piece, which we tried, but was then too loose a fit for our van.

Overall very pleased with the quality of it:

IMG_2086.jpeg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

IMG_2087.jpeg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

Simboc2004, Randa france and like this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Tue Nov 22, 2022 2:17 pm
by Randa france | 12.874 Posts

Thanks for the feedback. Very useful information.

Randa

ERIBAFOLK POP UP EVERYWHERE 1999 Eriba Troll 530 pushing a VW Touran 2L TDi Match . FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Fri Nov 25, 2022 3:00 pm
by Wingfield (deleted)

Having decided against Eriba's own cover on grounds of price and closeness of fitting (surely better a bit loose) I'm trying a 5 star Maypole thinking that as it's conventional height I'll keep top popped up. Any thoughts welcome.

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Nov 30, 2022 10:16 am
by Wingfield (deleted)

PS - now fitted:; the 5 Star Maypole 12-14ft fits 430 perfectly and allows top popped which allows vents to be slightly open - adjustable so it's not too tight. It's light, easy to fit and seems tough enough. Excellent YKK zips and robust storage bag.

HDI163, Randa france, eribaMotters and cruickie like this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Nov 30, 2022 12:37 pm
by Julie Grafo | 3.460 Posts

Only thing to watch out for with the top popped is heavy snow. We were once sleeping in ours when it snowed heavily. Roof came crashing down at 2 am frightening the life out of us. It didn’t appear to do any damage to the scissors but if I knew snow was forecast I’d have brought the top down.

Julie & Neil. 2008 530GT pushing Honda CR-V 1.6 iDTEC SE+
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Mon May 15, 2023 7:28 pm
by HDI163 | 9 Posts

We will order one too for Edwardo the 430GT, however, Wingfield, is your Maypole Cover still holding out after its first winter? It would be good to know before we order one for ours.

Thanks for this.

Eriba 430GT - Edwardo being towed with Jacques Le Jag XF Sportbrake.

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Mon May 15, 2023 7:56 pm
by eribaMotters | 5.309 Posts

Before buying a Maypole then have a look at the Kampa. Our 430 spent its first year outdoors under one this year and I'm very pleased. Fit was a bit flappy as it is a generic 12 - 14 foot model so I used a few straps around the waist and it looked fine. Hopefully it will fit our new Feeling, if not I'll buy the next size up and sell the original.

Colin

Forum Moderator. aka Oscar - Audi A3 1.5 petrol _ ex 430, 552, camplet trailer tent, 310, now a nice white 2017 430.

Simboc2004 and HDI163 like this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Mon May 15, 2023 8:19 pm
by HDI163 | 9 Posts

Quote: eribaMotters wrote in post #12
Before buying a Maypole then have a look at the Kampa. Our 430 spent its first year outdoors under one this year and I'm very pleased. Fit was a bit flappy as it is a generic 12 - 14 foot model so I used a few straps around the waist and it looked fine. Hopefully it will fit our new Feeling, if not I'll buy the next size up and sell the original.

Colin

Hi Colin, which model Kampa did you go for and where did you buy it from? We are keen to ensure that Edwardo has a cover on him to keep him clean!

We are glad we made the move from the 320GT to the 430GT.

Cheers,

Kenny

Simboc2004 likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Mon May 15, 2023 10:14 pm
by eribaMotters | 5.309 Posts

Kenny, have a look here:- Kampa Prestige [generic] Caravan Cover
If you have no luck sourcing one and mine will not fit my new van I collect in about a month I'll probably fleebay it for £50.

Colin

Forum Moderator. aka Oscar - Audi A3 1.5 petrol _ ex 430, 552, camplet trailer tent, 310, now a nice white 2017 430.
HDI163 likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Tue May 16, 2023 9:12 am
by HDI163 | 9 Posts

Hi Colin, I found one last night from a very well priced on line shop called Crowland Caravans and Camping - for a total of £88.45 including delivery - I am well pleased at that price as it is cheaper then a lot of other places too.

Thanks for helping me on finding a cover for Edwardo the Eriba! I appreciate it!

Cheers,

Kenny

Simboc2004 and eribaMotters like this post!
Scroll up

Visitors
1 Member and 25 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12523 topics and 105662 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 1