Pontos for sale on Ebay

in Got an Eriba or anything Eriba-related to sell? Looking for a caravan, parts or accessories? Put your adverts here Mon Dec 19, 2022 7:04 pm
by AlanC | 93 Posts
Wenn Sie hier auf Links zu eBay klicken und einen Kauf tätigen, kann dies dazu führen, dass diese Website eine Provision erhält.

There is an Eriba Pontos for sale on Ebay at the moment.
The seller is asking £1700 for a 2015 van.
Only external pictures and the rear lights are not standard. Located in Sleaford. Looks like it was originally bought and used in mainland Europe.

Have always fancied a Pontos...

Alan

Werbung: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/275551768656?...ABk9SR7zrmbulYQ

The following contents have been linked to this post:

Liz and Alan
Troll 530 Touring 2015 now pushing a Honda CR-V

Scroll up

RE: Pontos for sale on Ebay

in Got an Eriba or anything Eriba-related to sell? Looking for a caravan, parts or accessories? Put your adverts here Mon Dec 19, 2022 9:19 pm
by eribaMotters | 5.298 Posts

My advise would be avoid. The Pontos was in the 2008 brochure, possibly the 2009. A 2015 date is a work of fiction. The standard axle was also 1300kg with the option of a lower 1200kg.
As an aside, the rear end light alterations look messy.
As another aside, its been advertised Campervans & Motorhomes so it would appear the "owner" does not know what they have.

Colin

Forum Moderator. aka Oscar - Audi A3 1.5 petrol _ ex 430, 552, camplet trailer tent, 310, now a nice white 2017 430.

cruickie likes this post!
Last edited Mon Dec 19, 2022 9:25 pm | Scroll up

in Got an Eriba or anything Eriba-related to sell? Looking for a caravan, parts or accessories? Put your adverts here Tue Dec 20, 2022 10:42 am
by Randa france | 12.864 Posts

Colin. Well said . Even if there was a 2015 Pontos it wouldn't have the large curved roof profile as this roof style was discontinued in 2009/2010.

Randa

ERIBAFOLK POP UP EVERYWHERE 1999 Eriba Troll 530 pushing a VW Touran 2L TDi Match . FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Scroll up

in Got an Eriba or anything Eriba-related to sell? Looking for a caravan, parts or accessories? Put your adverts here Tue Dec 20, 2022 12:40 pm
by AlanC | 93 Posts

I did have my suspicions as the ad does not include any internal pics of the Pontos which is significantly different from the rest of the range, plus the MTPLM of 1100kg for a van that size I thought was wrong. Not being an expert in Eribas I wasn't aware of the age being wrong too though.

Not that we have any intention of following it up.

Alan

Liz and Alan

Scroll up

in Got an Eriba or anything Eriba-related to sell? Looking for a caravan, parts or accessories? Put your adverts here Tue Dec 20, 2022 1:15 pm
by cabbie37 | 643 Posts

It would appear that internal photos have now been added...

Scroll up

in Got an Eriba or anything Eriba-related to sell? Looking for a caravan, parts or accessories? Put your adverts here Tue Dec 20, 2022 1:43 pm
by Pepé Le Pew | 2.722 Posts
Wenn Sie hier auf Links zu eBay klicken und einen Kauf tätigen, kann dies dazu führen, dass diese Website eine Provision erhält.

Quote: cabbie37 wrote in post #5
It would appear that internal photos have now been added...
They were actually there all along, for what it's worth.

You just had to go against your instincts and keep swiping to the right...

Scroll up

in Got an Eriba or anything Eriba-related to sell? Looking for a caravan, parts or accessories? Put your adverts here Tue Dec 20, 2022 2:34 pm

If you open up e-bay and then search for Eriba Pontos, in all categories, the listing date was 9th August.
If you then click on the other items being posted by the "owner", it would appear to have been listed on 23rd Nov.
I wonder if the add has been reported, withdrawn and then re-listed.

Colin

Forum Moderator. aka Oscar - Audi A3 1.5 petrol _ ex 430, 552, camplet trailer tent, 310, now a nice white 2017 430.

Scroll up

in Got an Eriba or anything Eriba-related to sell? Looking for a caravan, parts or accessories? Put your adverts here Tue Dec 20, 2022 5:44 pm
by GT runner | 291 Posts

Alan its £17,000 ! Not £1,700. It does have a the “large curve” roof you might expect and the floor is exactly the same as a 2010 puck i’ve been looking at. So it could be a 2011, but they’ve got their dates muddle. ? However the doors and fittings look a bit newer than what I’ve seen on 2011 models so it might be 2015. ??? Oh blimey now I’m in a muddle.

Scroll up

in Got an Eriba or anything Eriba-related to sell? Looking for a caravan, parts or accessories? Put your adverts here Tue Dec 20, 2022 6:05 pm
by AlanC | 93 Posts

Yes, you are right, my typo, the price is £17000.00. Have now found the interior pics which are the Pontos layout that we have always fancied.

We will stick with the Troll...one can but dream though.

Alan

Liz and Alan

Scroll up

in Got an Eriba or anything Eriba-related to sell? Looking for a caravan, parts or accessories? Put your adverts here Tue Dec 20, 2022 6:37 pm
by Simboc2004 | 648 Posts

Definitely photographed in an eastern European country - number plates are not in a UK font, more likely Germany, Poland, Hungary or Romania, just with a GB Euro sticker applied. Also, look at the building in the background of some shots - definitely not in the UK. Rather a risky purchase, tempting though it is...

Poppy, our 2005 Eriba 430GT, leading our Volvo V70 astray...

SOULBLUESMAN68 likes this post!
Scroll up

in Got an Eriba or anything Eriba-related to sell? Looking for a caravan, parts or accessories? Put your adverts here Tue Dec 20, 2022 11:00 pm
by GT runner | 291 Posts

How about putting a request in via ebay for a picture of the data plate. That might reveal something. Unless its not the original. What do you think what, what ?

scouteralf likes this post!
Scroll up

in Got an Eriba or anything Eriba-related to sell? Looking for a caravan, parts or accessories? Put your adverts here Wed Dec 21, 2022 12:03 am
by SOULBLUESMAN68 | 1.110 Posts

Well-spotted - I didn't notice the building in the background but when you zoom it you can clearly see its style.............it all looks a bit unusual

MikeT

Scroll up

in Got an Eriba or anything Eriba-related to sell? Looking for a caravan, parts or accessories? Put your adverts here Wed Dec 21, 2022 8:47 am
by Steamdrivenandy | 995 Posts

Weirdly the tow vehicle that the reg. on the van refers to is a 12 year old Seat Alhambra whose MOT ran out on 22nd September. At its last MOT in September 2021 it had done 245,000 miles. Make of that what you will.

There is absolutely no way that it's a 2015MY van as the Pontos was only built for two model years, circa 2007/8 or 2008/9. Looking at the roof lockers, they have the dark wood strip that only ever featured on 2008MY built vans.

As Roger points out it has the more bulbous roofline of a pre 2010 Cernay built van. Post 2010 production moved to Bad Waldsee and the roofline became flatter, allowing a taller door. There is no way that Bad Waldsee would revert to pre 2010 van frame for a one off Pontos in 2015.

The rear lights have been altered, though I'm not sure why as the original fairings are still available and they are set up for Continental use, with the reversing light on the UK offside and the high intensity rear light on the UK nearside.

Whether it's a scam, or not, is hard to work out. Someone did try a Pontos scam on Ebay a year or so ago but it was easily spotted. This could just be someone running a run down car who knows little about Eribas and thinks there's a lot of money to be made buying in from the Continent and selling in the UK. Maybe he/she thinks they'll find a chump willing to cough up £5,000 over the odds because of the relative rarity of the Pontos and are trying to boost the price by saying it's 7 years newer than it actually is.

I had nothing to do on this hot afternoon
But to settle down and write you a line

Skoda Karoq 1.5 Petrol DSG and a 420. A Bailey Phoenix + 420, with oven, microwave, shower cubicle, solar panel, ATC and external gas point.

mr_underhill and AlanC like this post!
Scroll up

in Got an Eriba or anything Eriba-related to sell? Looking for a caravan, parts or accessories? Put your adverts here Mon Feb 27, 2023 10:14 pm

Be warned, it's back, this time in the UK at £17,500.
Werbung: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/266151788084?...ABk9SR7KR6M7SYQ

Colin

The following contents have been linked to this post:

Scroll up

in Got an Eriba or anything Eriba-related to sell? Looking for a caravan, parts or accessories? Put your adverts here Tue Feb 28, 2023 2:32 pm
by Steamdrivenandy | 995 Posts

I've challenged them and reported to eBay.

So far they're adamant that it's a 2015 van and won't accept that it can't be.

I've suggested they look at the VIN plate which will say it's French built and as Cernay closed in 2010 and all production since has been out of Germany it proves we're right.

I had nothing to do on this hot afternoon
But to settle down and write you a line

Skoda Karoq 1.5 Petrol DSG and a 420. A Bailey Phoenix + 420, with oven, microwave, shower cubicle, solar panel, ATC and external gas point.

Scroll up

Visitors
1 Member and 25 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12515 topics and 105591 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 1